FT in 5th wheel

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghost

Reaction score
Anyone else think this is an awesome idea?  

I found a park that's really nice and reasonable $

In the fall I may get in there if I don't take off out west...

Any warnings/ heads up?

Thanks!

Matt

Some would call that Paradise and some torture!

How do YOU feel about it ?

The best part about living on wheels is you can move if you don't like where you are.

I feel like a brand new 5th wheel is paradise.  Better than any apt. I've ever rented (and I'm talking brand new apts. in CO and OR back in 07') or even nice family homes I've lived in.  Just in the right park ... that seems to be key ...  And I'm looking at a 28 ft. Rockwood 5th wheel.  I've been known to pick up and leave after a few years in about 3 states and it's about time : )

Thanks!

If your talking about an RV park, and want to stay there any length of time, I suggest to go & drive around a few different times of day like a weekday after work and weekends between 2-9pm to see what your neighbors will be like. It all depends on your likes as in kids, traffic in & out, music, people noise, any nosy, in your business neighbors.
I live in an RV park and it use to be quiet & respectful. The best in the area as in lowest crime. Its getting bad recently as in noisy kids no respect for others property, traffic driving very fast in & out at all hrs, music blaring loudly, and a very very nosy, in your business neighbor that I've had to get the management involved. I would move to a different place but, its still the lowest in crime in the area. These are some of the things I have experienced. I hope this helps.

Awesome advice! 

I thought my main annoyance in this park would be a random barking dog at 3am (otherwise it's cool).  It wouldn't surprise me : )  But that could happen anywhere you know? 

I will do what you said though to be sure.  Go there and mingle.  Some crazy dog could move in 10 ft. away at any time though haha ...

Thanks!

There have been the dogs too I forgot to mention it. :) Yes, it depends on the spaces. here this dog is less than 5ft away grrrr there front door is right out side my bedroom window were my head lays.

BTW
Some places won't let you in unless you're a registered guest.
Depending on how you look at it ,,,, a good thing!?

There are family type places and there are 55+ places and everything in between but mostly family with the dogs and the weird uncle too ( no relation )

rvpopeye said:
BTW

There are family type places and there are 55+ places and everything in between but mostly family with the dogs and the weird uncle too ( no relation )

Excellent points.

This park "seems" reasonable but do you ever really know until you pull in?  : )   One year at most.

Thanks guys.  I will be updating almost daily if that's ok?  I'm about to roll from PA to AZ in the fall.  Flagstaff ...

I have lived in 4 different RV parks longer term, 5 months to 2 years, 1 in NC, 1 in AL, 2 in KS, and 1 in AZ. They have rules in place and IF they are enforcing them, we never had that much of an issue and when someone is not following the rules, I would let management know and it was taken care of. Good tenants are appreciated and they don't want to lose 5 or 6 tenants because of one that can't follow the rules. I have seen people post on other websites that they had issues with established "cliques" in some longer term parks, you know like in high school. You have immature people everywhere.

It has a lot to do with the area of the country and also your age.

Would you have to sign a lease or would it be month-to-month? And, if this park was not working, would you have a "back up" in mind that you could move to?

rvpopeye said:
BTW

So go and talk with the owner/manager of the park, and explain that you'd like to look around and see if this place will work for you, and what the atmosphere is like there.
If they're a reasonable person, (as one would hope) then they'll understand and show you around the park and maybe introduce you to some of the residents.

Relax. This should be fun!! Park shopping!! :D

ghost said:
Anyone else think this is an awesome idea?  

I found a park that's really nice and reasonable $

In the fall I may get in there if I don't take off out west...

Any warnings/ heads up?

Thanks!

ghost said:
Any warnings/ heads up?

You didn't say WHERE you wanted to do this.  Don't try it somewhere very cold and snowy.  You'll wind up with frozen tanks and plumbing lines and ginormous propane bills trying to keep a poorly insulated space livable.

Photogal39Travels said:
If your talking about an RV park, and want to stay there any length of time, I suggest to go & drive around a few different times of day like a weekday after work and weekends between 2-9pm to see what your neighbors will be like. It all depends on your likes as in kids, traffic in & out, music, people noise, any nosy, in your business neighbors.
I live in an RV park and it use to be quiet & respectful. The best in the area as in lowest crime. Its getting bad recently as in noisy kids no respect for others property, traffic driving very fast in & out at all hrs, music blaring loudly, and a very very nosy, in your business neighbor that I've had to get the management involved. I would move to a different place but, its still the lowest in crime in the area. These are some of the things I have experienced. I hope this helps.

Much love 39 ... 143

Optimistic Paranoid said:
You didn't say WHERE you wanted to do this.  Don't try it somewhere very cold and snowy.  You'll wind up with frozen tanks and plumbing lines and ginormous propane bills trying to keep a poorly insulated space livable.

I'm not saying where on purpose because -- I've lived there before and know the climate.  I old never try this, in say, Leadville, CO.  Thanks though.  I was looking for things out of the blue that I had not thought of but had this one (location) on lock.

Peace,

Matt

Maybe the clue is in the profile. So now, East or West Oregon?
Ve have vays of making you talk.
You must know, we all only wish you the best.

Latest posts