Friends who bore you...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Did you ever have a good friend who was an interesting conversationalist and while at his house one evening, out came the slide projector and suddenly the interesting friend began to bore you with countless vacation pictures?

I mean, Alaska is nice, but I have no desire to go there and weeks of pictures is a bit much.

I lived in Alaska for years but I would be soon bored too! How about friends that are fine as long as you stay away from certain subjects that they are overly enthused about. Like UFOs, exercise routines, religion, Justin Beiber, etc. I have one friend who is into conspiracy theories. You express the slightest interest and he will not stop talking! Another friend has a love-hate relationship toward all women and can't focus on much else. Myself, I'm never boring and always know when to shut up. lol :)

Yep, a friend at work would natter on about sports..... football, basketball, the 'other' "football" (soccer). I have on more than one occasion told him I have NO interest in ball sports. Now discuss biathlon and other shooting sports, I can relate!
Politics - whoowee, that's a hot topic. Seems they are always too extreme to one side or the other. So I try to avoid it. Though I occasionally like to get my teeth into a good conspiracy theory...... ;-)
Cars..... good. Pets..... good. Home remodeling..... good.

Politics, religion, racial, and insurance companies are topics I will NOT allow to be discussed in my place!

All are timebomb subjects waiting to blow up in your face!!

...just not worth the risk!!

Hey, I resemble that remark!!!!

Folks, I'm, so egocentric I think 66788 is talking about me!! I've been boring him with pictures of my Alaska trip on my blog. :blush

So 66788 is BANNED for life!

Just kidding!!!! Actually I was afraid this might happen, it has been going on for awhile now and not everybody loves Alaska like I do. The good news is that It's almost over. After today there may only be 3 more Alaska posts and then it will get much more normal--like what I do is normal. That will include some specifics of how we converted the van for a couple and then best of all some juicy gossip on how Judy and I did in our relationship!!!

At least you think I am an interesting conversationalist otherwise! :p
Bob

My workmate is a vicious gossip person. I tell her I could care less about what she sticks her nose into she seems to take this like a challenge and re-news her efforts at amazing me. Girl
STFU

I have a few older friends in their mid 50s. What bores me about them is they keep telling the same old stories about how great they were in past years, whether it be about women, their career, etc. I get bored when I've already heard the same thing numerous times. Worse, they tell the story as if they think they're doing so for the first time. Dude, get a life! You need new stories! Go out and cause new trouble so you can have fresh sh!t to chat about, haha!

For myself, I hope to keep my stories fresh by constantly getting into new trouble. :D:p

Remember, a friend comes to the jail to bail you out after you had a 'good time'.
A Good Friend is sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Dang, we had a good time!" ;-)

Well to be fair I just got up to speed on the blog and am looking forward to alaska a little more thanks to bob. As someone who is planning an indefinite Alaskan adventure the more I can get the better.

LeeRevell said:
Remember, a friend comes to the jail to bail you out after you had a 'good time'.
A Good Friend is sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Dang, we had a good time!" ;-)

I prefer, A friend will help you move. A Good Friend will help you move a body.:D

LeeRevell said:

My lawyer has that sign on his wall. He decided to study law after the two of us spent a weekend in jail waiting for bail.

I like the one about bodies.

"Friends who bore you"... sounds like an oxymoron. Why would anyone have a friend who bored them? My neighbor in Florida went to Alaska one summer. I've always wanted to go to Alaska, even back in the 1960's. So I was jealous and asked him how his trip was. He said it was June and it was cold. Who needs that? I still might go, but I've never been to San Diego either, or California, so maybe I'll go there.

Me personally, I'd like to see home movies/slides/photos of Alaska! Never been there and hope to someday. Been to NYC, Chicago and California. Hope and intend to never return, though each had it's interests at the time.