Free hot water teqnique

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marineprepper

Reaction score
&nbsp;So I discovered by accident how to get free hot water. I came home from work, went to get a drink of water and had to wait for the water to get cool. I thought what a waste as it went down the drain....<BR>I installed a longer hose to my camperand coiled it all up in a pile. Now when I come home from work I turn on the hot water tap, let the water heater fill with hot hose water and turn it off. That gives me enough hot water to do dishes and the water is still hot in the morning for a shower. Im pretty stoked. All I need propane for now is occasionally when I use the stove.

Great idea! And assuming you have access to shore power, if you use an electric skillet or hotplate for cooking, no propane needed!

@ marineprepper - have you ever watched this guys videos;<br><br>[video]<br><br>He and his wife live down here in Florida and they do a lot of solar, and other green type experiments..... it's a little quirky at times, (and sometimes I think he's winging it himself) but it's good educational entertainment..... and help for those who just want some ideas to possibly improve their own creations.<br><br>There are plenty of other YouTube'rs doing this kinda stuff.... many are great for ideas and education. <br><br>I love watching this stuff, and I'm often amazed at the things people improve upon!