Free E books

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[font=Arial, sans-serif](survival food, survival guide handbook, prepping pantry, survival skills book, ... skills wilderness, survival, Book 2)[/font]

FREE for a limited time!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PO6KN9I

If it is only free on a kindle or something, could you note that in your posts please? Thanks.

cyndi said:
The kindle app is free for any of your devices, so a kindle is not necessary to take advantage of the offer.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page?ie=UTF8&ref_=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd

Well, yes and no!

The app is free but it doesn't work directly with something like my Sony EReader.

The kindle app would put the book on my laptop but to put it on my EReader I have to jump through several hoops...errr, use a couple more programs to get it to work.

From the looks of the hoops, I might be better off having a kindle as well for $80.00. I'll put it on my Amazon wish list... :D

Either that or wait until I have someone much more computer savvy than I to do the installs.

I've installed it on my iphone 5s, dell tablet, samsung galaxy5, and laptop without issue.

I didn't know there was a kindle program for laptops. I will look into it, thanks.

The problem Almost There has been having, I'm sure, is that she is using an e=Reader specific device that has its own proprietary software for reading books. And Kindle and Sony were originally competitors.

As far as I know, any android or Apple device can use Kindle. I use it on my iPad instead of my laptop. I can get up on my "perch" in my van an easily read on the iPad without the bulk of the laptop. It saves my laptop battery, too.

Once you download the Kindle app on your device (and Amazon will guide you to the right download), then you go "shopping" in Amazon's book section -- you can do a book section search for any type of book with the word "free" such as "Free Kindle mystery."

Be careful when looking at the list -- Amazon has a habit of letting books that are free with Kindle Unlimited service creep in among the truly free books. Just be sure you look at the Kindle version price and that it is zero.

When you've "bought" your free book (it will show like a sale but with a price of $0.00), you will get a screen about downloading it to your Amazon Cloud or another device you list. Just turn on the device you have the Kindle app on, open the kindle app and find "Archive." The Kindle app will reach out and pull in all the books you've bought. All this must be done online, of course. But once your ebook is downloaded to the device, you can access it with no internet connection. It lives on your hard drive or device memory.

Btw, as far as I've ever known, only ebooks are ever free. Paper books cost money to print so an author is not going to spend money to give readers a free paperback (not to mention shipping). I will likely put my first novel on the FREE list next week or next Sunday. Since I have two sequels, I do this to gain more new readers (which is why most authors list their books for free). Unlike many authors, however, my novels are full-length books that can stand alone if you don't want to read the whole series. Just FYI. LOL I'll post it here when I figure out my best days to do a free promotion.

WriterMs said:
The problem Almost There has been having, I'm sure, is that she is using an e=Reader specific device that has its own proprietary software for reading books. And Kindle and Sony were originally competitors.

Yep, that's the problem - my Sony EReader and Kindle are not friendly at all. And Amazon.com seems to specialize in kindle only freebies.

No Ipad and I prefer a comfy position for reading that won't work with my laptop.

That's okay for now, I probably still have another 5,000 mysteries to borrow from the library system using my library card. I can also buy books through Kobo if I ever want to...so far I've only ever bought one.

There is a workaround, I found it by googling things but the 'simple explanation' went zipping right overhead.... :rolleyes: Download this, download that, do this, do that with all kinds of unexplained acronyms thrown in made m eyes roll back.... :D

Eventually, I'll either buy a Kindle or find someone computer literate enough to understand the procedure and set it up for me.

There are ways to convert a KINDLE book to a PDF book. But of course the proprietary nature of the copywritten original license frowns on that activity. If you own the book, via purchase, you should be able to convert to any personal viewing only format you want (no one else can watch it, and never share it).

FREE for your kindle, for a limited time

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D94CRGY

"[font=Arial, sans-serif]BY MEN OR BY THE EARTH is the story of the corporate lawyer who walked out on a six-figure salary, prestige, and a troubled relationship to walk across America with his dog. Coulson and his dog Mabel fought off bears, grifters, and psychotic drivers. They suffered heat waves, tornado outbreaks, injuries, and near death experiences. They saw the best and the worst of America. This is the brutally honest story of a flawed man struggling to survive in a flawed system and of the unshakeable bond between a man and his dog."[/font]

Yeah, the e-Readers do not play well. The problem is Amazon is the 800 pound gorilla in the market and you went with someone else.

Amazon rewards authors for only publishing with them and it looks to me like it more than pays for what you lose by not going with the other e-readers.

My book is only on Amazon and it will never be on the others.

But, today most people have some good way to get it so I do't think it's a major loss at all.

I think you are right, you either need to get a Kindle to get what you are losing or a tablet which can do even more things. There are some really cheap tablets that I think will let you get both Kindle books and android apps--there are some really good Android apps that would greatly contribute to your life..
Bob

I'm making the first novel in my Obliterated series FREE for Kindle** download on Sunday, August 23 and Monday, August 24. The full title is:  Obliterated - Would You Know How to Survive?

http://www.amazon.com/Obliterated-W...pebp=1434944093234&perid=1QN43PGRA386HE6AX4PH
?[/url]

It is the tale of a worldwide apocalypse (sci-fi cause so I didn't have to get into politically questionable areas) and how a very small group of people survive. It is laced with real-world camping and survival tips and strategies.

This is a full-length novel --- not a teaser short novella. There are two sequel books, but a reader can enjoy each one independently.

FREE for your kindle, for a limited time.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GUUI4TI

"[font=Arial, sans-serif]Acclaimed as one of the funniest and true to life stories ever written about India, this 'diary of disaster' became an instant bestseller upon publication in 1986, and remains a firm favourite with readers today.[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] "[/font]

FREE for your kindle,for a limited time

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7LSF3Y

"... [font=Arial, sans-serif]The novel follows the Bosarge family — Jack, Donita, and their three-year-old daughter Julia — after environmental regulations force a small town seafood company to close, costing Jack his job and sending his family deeply into debt...
[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Out of their trials and repeated attempts to recover unfolds a sad tale of injustice, hardship, and desperation. Packed with meaning yet plainspoken, A Forgotten Man shows what it’s like to be broken, alone, and forgotten in modern America..."[/font]

FREE for a limited time, for your Kindle

"[font=Arial, sans-serif]Commit just one evening of your life to financial freedom and this easy-to-read book will show you how to be debt-free. Radical Frugality tells the story of 5 people who did it: Paul, 27, discovering how to overcome student loan debt; David and Winona, late 40's, living their retirement dream today; and Dan and Charlotte, family of 4, with an underwater mortgage. Waking up every morning debt-free with cash in your pocket helps your brain feel safe, secure, and smart."[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GG0U0C[/font]