Free Cell Phone Service Any iPhone or Android

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broken ed

Reaction score
Okay, this guy is a little young,,, and he's not the smoothest you tuber I've seen, but in his own words - "How to get Free Cell Phone Service Any iPhone or Android"

Part one is here: He explains generally what he's done, then

Part two is here: Where he explains in more detail how to do what he has done.

So I get this probably works, but don't understand the advantage of setting a free hot spot through FreedomPop and then using Google Voice. Is this because there are so many telemarketers on the phone FreedomPop has? And has any body done this? What is the advantage of this? Because it works on phones that are not unlocked?

I have a phone with freedom pop.

You have to frequently update the app for it to work.

But it does work and you get free phone, text, and data. I don't remember if there are limits on the phone/text, but data is only 500 megs.

He is doing two completely different things to make this work.

I have set up several phones this way for friends and family and it works fine, if you can deal with the way it works.

First you need a donor phone. It does not need a sim card. It can be a new or used smart phone. I have done used phones and re-set them to the original settings first. I have also used new Trac Phones from Walmart. (bought on sale for $15.00) (have not tried a I-phone, only Android)

You will need to use an existing G-mail e-mail account or set one up and you will need someone's text number to receive a verification code one time.

Download Google Voice, Google Hangout and Google Hangout Dialer.

Once you get it all set-up you have a phone with a new unique phone number that you can call & receive on and send & receive texts on.....

AS LONG AS YOU HAVE WIFI INTERNET ACCESS.

The phone will not work unless you are somewhere that has wifi internet access.

It works, there is no contract, no monthly fees, but you need wifi internet access.

If you are in a town most of the time or already have a wifi hotspot, works great.

If you are boondocking and do not have wifi internet access, it's a paperweight.

Jeff

yea i am like Mr Ed
i do not see the point- 
if you have wifi THEN no need for data
if you have wifi Gvoice works
so why all the extra work?

It is good for someone that does not have much money.

I set one up for a kid that works graveyard shift at a convenience store that has wifi.

He is broke do to medical bills and has a pay-as-you go TracPhone.

He can forward calls & text to the wifi phone which does not count towards his minutes and it allows him to surf the internet, which he can't afford normally.

Jeff

Also if you already have a HotSpot, why not drop your existing cell phone contract and just use the wifi phone set-up.

Lets say you have the AT&T $29.99 hotspot unlimited plan, that makes for a cheap cell phone.

Jeff

TextNow app is free, just use it once a week to keep your number.