Found my home

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream True

Reaction score
After much searching I found an '04 A Liner Expedition. I got a pretty good deal on it (for the Denver area. Rvs hold there value like crazy here) since it has hail damage on the roof. (No leaks). Everything works, 3 way fridge, outside shower, hot water heater,  AC, furnace. It's very clean. The roof raises and lowers easily, bungees and springs in good shape. There's a storage locker in front. It has a 3500# axle, off road shocks, and is raised 4". This is good since I like to boondock and camp in USFS campgrounds. ​

Now for expenditures.  I already purchased  3 new tires since the ones it came with were 9 years old.  I'm going to install 2 AGM batteries and get a Honda generator.(I may add solar at some point) I'm adding another propane tank. Fortunately I found a great rv service tech to help me reconfigure the front end to add dog beds, porta potty, and more storage. He's also going install a trailer brake controller in my Tundra. Have I forgotten anything?​

I'm so excited. I feel this is a great starting place. (I tried to add pics to my post but was unsuccessful, unless of course I mistakenly attached a bunch in my many attempts)​

what type of tires did you get? for off road I recommend LT tires with the highest load range you can get. highdesertranger

Trailer1.jpgTrailer2.jpgtrailer3.jpgTrailer4.jpg
Pics of my A Liner. Hopefully, I can post before and afters, after I reconfigure the front.

Attachments

• Trailer1.jpg
    Trailer1.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Trailer2.jpg
    Trailer2.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 44
  • trailer3.jpg
    trailer3.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Trailer4.jpg
    Trailer4.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 50
I got a Goodyear tire from Discount Tire. It seemed like a good tire per reviews, but in all honesty I wanted to get tires ASAP since I didn't trust 9 year old tire in 90 degree heat not to blow out on the freeway. I saw a pic of an A Liner that had a blow out and it wasn't pretty. Over $1200 in damage.

Dream True said:
I'm so excited. I feel this is a great starting place.
DreamTrue, your rig is adorable! 
Congratulations
wink.gif

Charlotte

Another A Liner dweller !
You guys are gonna have to start a A Liner Thread.....

:) Congratulations on your Aliner!  I like your floor plan way better than the one in my 2004 LX.  i have found the people at Aliner in PA to be very helpful.  They even copied the owners manual for me and mailed it to me,  What is the interior size of yours?   It looks and I think it is larger than mine.  

I watch Slim Potatohead and Going Nowhere Fast on You Tube.  They both travel with Aliners and I get a lot of ideas from them.   Popup Portal now has a Aliner forum, also the Aliners Owners Club is a good source.  There is a yearly fee how ever you do need to join to check out things on the site, including sales and trade/parts forums.

Have fun!

Jewellann

Txjaybird said:
:) Congratulations on your Aliner!  I like your floor plan way better than the one in my 2004 LX.  i have found the people at Aliner in PA to be very helpful.  They even copied the owners manual for me and mailed it to me,  What is the interior size of yours?   It looks and I think it is larger than mine.  

I watch Slim Potatohead and Going Nowhere Fast on You Tube.  They both travel with Aliners and I get a lot of ideas from them.   Popup Portal now has a Aliner forum, also the Aliners Owners Club is a good source.  There is a yearly fee how ever you do need to join to check out things on the site, including sales and trade/parts forums.

Have fun!

Jewellann

Thank you. I liked the floorplan as well although I think the front part with the bunk beds could be improved for my needs.

I'm a sub on both Slim PH and GNF's channels. Don't they have great ideas and info? They are one reason I went with an Aliner. I will definitely check out the other resources you mentioned, particularly the ALiner owners club. That could be fun!

I've always liked the idea of the A-liner and Chalet hard-sided pop-ups. I had a small tent pop-up that my family and I used for almost 10 years.

How's storage? In my pop-up there was space for cooking and camping gear, but not a great place for put clothes...

Yea the storage isn't so great. I plan on combing the forum for creative storage ideas.

Dream True said:
Thank you. I liked the floorplan as well although I think the front part with the bunk beds could be improved for my needs.

I'm a sub on both Slim PH and GNF's channels. Don't they have great ideas and info? They are one reason I went with an Aliner. I will definitely check out the other resources you mentioned, particularly the ALiner owners club. That could be fun!

I had a typo in my post there is a fee to become a member of the Aliners Owners Club however it's not neccessary to join.  There are just some access restrictions if we don't. 

Since GNF travels with 2 German Shepards I guess Queenie {13lb+ watch Chihuahua} will make room for me when we finally get to go somewhere.  She did not like the metal steps at first so I put a soft throw rug across them until she got used to going in and out.  It's not a problem now.

Jewellann & Q

Dream True said:
Yea the storage isn't so great. I plan on combing the forum for creative storage ideas.

they have those hanging shelves.  I think it would be good for extended stays but set up and break down might get old.

Boltman said:
What a nice find!!   Congratulations and happy trails!!!!!!!

Thank you! It's scary and exciting that my adventure is coming together!

Txjaybird said:
I had a typo in my post there is a fee to become a member of the Aliners Owners Club however it's not neccessary to join.  There are just some access restrictions if we don't. 

Since GNF travels with 2 German Shepards I guess Queenie {13lb+ watch Chihuahua} will make room for me when we finally get to go somewhere.  She did not like the metal steps at first so I put a soft throw rug across them until she got used to going in and out.  It's not a problem now.

Jewellann & Q

I think my dogs will like the ALiner. If those two big GS are happy my border collie mix and cattle dog mix should be okay. 

Haha, I love"watch Chihuahua" What we do for our pets. 

Pam, Ziggy, and Gracie

Dream True said:
Haha, I love"watch Chihuahua" What we do for our pets. 

:) Have you found  the "YOU AIN"T RIGHT CLUB" thread?  One of my "official" YARC titles is "QUEENIE'S SLAVE".

Jewellann

No I haven't seen the YARC thread. It sounds like a hoot. Where can I find it? I'm such a pushover when it comes to my pups, it would be fun to hear from other similarly unbalanced people. :D

Latest posts