Forum Members in the Southeast? [split] Crofter's Online discussion

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deborah

Reaction score
Can a discussion group be set up here for folks who stay within their home state it not leaving their region like me here in the south east.    I could get more connected with people who are in the southeast for example. 

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Hello,
The hope is that Caravans, meet-ups, and camp togethers can be organized events again soon. I started a tread "calling all nomads in the east" to begin brainstorming for this to become reality. The hope is that we can have organized events in the Eastern US as soon as the CDC guidelines permit.

You could get together at a virtual meeting to get the ball rolling. I did not try this - might work & is how I signed up for and attended caravan in the desert, before covid.

My goal for the PNW group was to have a monthly get together as they do in Vancouver BC.
-crofter

Good afternoon Crofter!
Im not much into the virtual caravans myself.... Just not the same as sitting around a real campfire.
I have had some conversation with Suann about getting things going in the east. She has given her blessing to using this forum to plan but HOWA will not have any organized involvement until the board of directors gives the go ahead (waiting on CDC guidelines)
Once the ok is given I expect things to come together rather quickly with Suann and Bob simply putting the word out.
Just waiting......

I recently had a couple of nomads pass thru and stay at my place a few days. It was nice although I’m very busy so they mostly had to entertain themselves. I have people passing thru from time to time and have a nice camping spot.

Anyone nearby? I’m outside of Beaver Dam, Ky if any of you need a small group spot for a gtg.

I will probably be back at a job at a university in Mississippi in the near future, hopefully with my build out of a self contained cargo van finished. The last year working remotely from California has reminded me how much I prefer the western states low humidity and variety of terrain for remote camping though. Too hot? move into the shade, much cooler. Doesn't work that way in the southeast, and I haven't found camping in the region that pleasant by comparison. But I do like to get out of the narrow small town I live in any time I have the chance. And once I have a self contained rig I will want to be taking trips. Still a couple of years from retirement. (I think) I'd be interested in meeting others when I get back. Keep us posted!