Former Vandweller here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RV2009

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I used to live in my 2001 Ford Econoline conversion van for many years (loved it!).

Eventually life 'caught' up to me, I got married, my lovely wife loved camping as much as I did, so we rented a house and used the van for camping trips.

Many years ago we bought a 25 foot long class C motorhome, we wanted to have the convenience of having our own bathroom with shower, and all the other amenities such a vehicle provides.

Unfortunately by now, my wife's health conditions have deteriorated so much that she has a extremely hard time even with the just 2 steps getting in and out of the RV, no matter if cab or house. Plus she does not want (can) deal with the setup anymore (loading it/unloading it etc.).

So we will have to sell it. Being aware of this website (now new, but Bob Well's is well known), we though we will put it out there, as many people here appreciate the true use of such a vehicle more than all those who are just looking for something 'cheap', not appreciating what they are getting, and what they could have for a long time.

Enough said at this time, we will make an appropriate post with details. It wont be one of those endless ones, just the basics. If someone is truly interested, we would prefer to talk on the phone, there is just too much to be said.

Regardless, we love to have our RV parked at our private residence, having an 'emergency backup', no matter what!

Cheerio!

Hello Everybody,

I used to live in my 2001 Ford Econoline conversion van for many years (loved it!).

Eventually life 'caught' up to me, I got married, my lovely wife loved camping as much as I did, so we rented a house and used the van for camping trips.

Many years ago we bought a 25 foot long class C motorhome, we wanted to have the convenience of having our own bathroom with shower, and all the other amenities such a vehicle provides.

Unfortunately by now, my wife's health conditions have deteriorated so much that she has a extremely hard time even with the just 2 steps getting in and out of the RV, no matter if cab or house. Plus she does not want (can) deal with the setup anymore (loading it/unloading it etc.).

So we will have to sell it. Being aware of this website (now new, but Bob Well's is well known), we though we will put it out there, as many people here appreciate the true use of such a vehicle more than all those who are just looking for something 'cheap', not appreciating what they are getting, and what they could have for a long time.

Enough said at this time, we will make an appropriate post with details. It wont be one of those endless ones, just the basics. If someone is truly interested, we would prefer to talk on the phone, there is just too much to be said.

Regardless, we love to have our RV parked at our private residence, having an 'emergency backup', no matter what!

Cheerio!
yup, your lucky. I have two tow behind camper trailers in my yard, actually three, my son has his stored here also. My wife and I had a big one (sleeps 8). We had kids who are now all grown up and live on their own.
My love and my life died so have no one to share with at all. I own my own home and have just bought a smaller tow behind (sleeps 4 or 5 with all the same stuff, just smaller.
I have no intention of sitting here waiting to join her. She would not want that. I'm way to old to find some one to share my days with, so I have decided to keep on keeping on and write it all down in a journal as I go, telling her about what I do and see so I can share it with her later. She will get a kick out of some of the stuff I write about. Saw an old guy just yesterday at the store mumbling to himself as he followed his wife around. Now that's contentment. Count your blessings.
Ken

Hello Everybody,

Cheerio!
I'm truly sorry to hear about your wife. But it does sound like you've had a lot of wonderful years together! I have lived full time and a camper van and I'm getting ready to convert my little Honda Odyssey to live in full time. I'm an urban camper and I love going through the drive-through! 💜

I'm truly sorry to hear about your wife. But it does sound like you've had a lot of wonderful years together! I have lived full time and a camper van and I'm getting ready to convert my little Honda Odyssey to live in full time. I'm an urban camper and I love going through the drive-through! 💜
Well Debrajoy54
She and I lived fully every moment since I met her. She and I were both innocent, meaning that we never knew what we shouldn't, do. So we did it. If you can imagine it, we tried it. We didn't have much money. We thought we were rich.
I built her a tree house, we slept in it one whole summer, and then the rain came so we decided we needed a house. I had a job and we saved enough to rent a one room "apartment". One day she said she had to flu. Turned out that she was pregnant. So time went on and she got fat, still thought she was gorgeous. One morning her doctor told her that it was time to have the baby, that sounded like fun so we went to Mc Donalds for a hamburger. After that we met the doctor (doctor Galester) at the hospital. Long story short he gave her a shot. A while later she got the cramps. Doctor told her that was labor. More time later the cramps got more intense. She decided she didn't want to have a baby. Doctor told her it was too late now. She then told me it was all my fault and she hated me, didn't want ever see me again. later still the baby popped out and she thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. She didn't talk to me all that day.
Next day I peaked into her room, She saw me and told me to come over and look at this. She was nursing our new baby. I guess them things weren't just play things after all. I stayed with her that day and night. The next afternoon Dr Galester came in to check on her and the baby. Just before he left she asked him how soon we could make another one. He waited a few seconds, then said, If you can aford a private room, you can get started right away. She looked at me with a smile, but I told her that I didn't have enough money for a private room. Doctor left us then. 2 days later we took Phillip home. 12 months later we had another baby, this time it was a girl. Jennifer Hell of a good lookin kid if I do say so myself.
I took another job, It paid more money but that was our last baby, Linda was very small and having babies messed her baby making stuff up so we didn't have any more but it was perfect.
We did a lot more exciting stuff over the years.
Our last big plan was to go touring. Bought this big ole trailer, almost like a house inside. decided to retire when I was 79 and just go-- I had a few more runs to make before the last work day. Was out east in Washington DC getting ready to go back and turn in my truck when I got the call that she had died of a stroke.
The next year went by - I don't really remember much about it until a few months ago. As I said before, I was forced to see a head shrink guy, got my head shrunk, Now I have a plan to be alive again and do the stuff linda and me planned.
Only half of us will do this, But I'll write it down and take pictures so I can share it with her when we see each other again.

P.S. Just though about it. I was 79 then, now 83, must have lost more than a year. Can't remember.