forest-gardening in a tiny moving house & love it

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie W

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Raised near European forest, I've been engaged in this most of my life: forest-Gardening in a tiny moving house & love  :heart:   it. Reason being that TREES preceded us humans, & were created for our very life, along with bushes & other yummy nutritional plant-life. - Also as we all know, plants set an example for us to follow: just as most of their fruits are visible on top for us to benefit from, their (beneath) roots bring up for us the Minerals... empowering health. Want to also enjoy a long life ? Well, tortoises (moving with their tiny/minimalist housing shell), as consummate herbivores live over 200 years as allowed. Age really is just a number! True, they thrive on plants/Salads...
Really, best way to interact is to live & let Nature :) live...
and just as the core of a plant takes up very little space, so we too can live Abundant in a tiny/minimalist housing environment, & keep moving... which is how Bob Wells on u-tube encouraged me to come to this forum for more insights.
and
Yes, read already the "Forum
arrow_down.png
Tips and Tricks". So some questions for starters:
1. What's the next best vehicle/home to a 2004 '4×4 Mercedes Sprinter Van'  ?
THANKs to Bob, & Robert
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2004+Sprinter+van - oh boy, how to find a Great deal ?
more Choices as $$ available
, or

plus
2. Search-feature lists no less 24 (oh my, lol) pages of tiny-house folk to learn from & share with. Know anyone ?

Thank you

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.
Hi,
as I said in my OP "Yes, read already the "Forum
arrow_down.png
Tips and Tricks".

of the 24-pages in the Search-feature here, Can you point me to more  :)  TINY-house people to befriend ?

Deal Breaker said:
Welcome to the forums Annie...
Thank you.

since we don't do facebook, do you have another way for people to read+enjoy what you share ?

Annie W said:
Thank you.

since we don't do facebook, do you have another way for people to read+enjoy what you share ?

I'm sorry Annie, I don't.. So many different social media avenues, I just decided to stick with FB, since I post primarily still photography and articles, it works pretty well for my blog style.

it's been about two weeks since starting this Intro calling it "forest-gardening in a tiny moving house & love it". Do people here not know what I am talking about?

Also I have two concerns re >living in a vehicle full-time for the remainder of one's life<, but don't really know how to approach that topic, for others to respond. Has that been discussed here?

This is not a Tiny House forum  (although, there is some overlap). This is not a gardening forum (you cannot garden in a Van). We know what you are talking about but it really is not a concern for someone who is seeking to live a mobile lifestyle on the cheap. Is there an existing Tiny House forum?

Just by joining this forum I have indicated a desire to go fully mobile; that is the focus of this place. Sometime in the future, I will probably seek out a Tiny House and at that time I will join a Tiny House forum. Absolutely no rudeness or malice was intended in my comment BTW. :D

Point well taken, and yet - because we all approach life from different purposes like for example living in a van temporarily for an interim, while
other projects are being materialized, there is room for discussion... SO whether one is parked in the wilderness working on one project, or whether one is parked in the wilderness working on yet another project while yet also mobile to varying degrees depending on $ to so do, the fact that in variable circumstances a VEHICLE serves... as a home, & needs to be outfitted as such < that is the point, right ?

For instance, of the many 100's of helpful posts shared in the forum here, is also this https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=17016&page=3 "Anyone living in their vehicle full time also own any land?" , in
which cyndi contributed "New Age Nomad, bought a piece of land last year or the year before. After 6 years on the road, he's decided to homestead." - So people can, & obviously do START-out on the road, & may travel for quite some time. - Starting-out in a vehicle as one's home, boondocking in every state to scout-out what all is Available around the country, & even abroad, might be the best way to find another home.
Yes
even Bob said that as he bought his current "last" van, he doesn't see himself living in it through his 80's. - What then ?

Annie W said:
it's been about two weeks since starting this Intro calling it "forest-gardening in a tiny moving house & love it". Do people here not know what I am talking about?

Most of us don't garden for some very specific reasons:

a) transporting agricultural products (living things) across state lines can be very problematic depending on where you travel.

b) most plants depend on set growing seasons which when we travel with the weather disrupts their growing cycle. Some of us might live for different parts of the year in as many as a half dozen  growing zones that range from arid desert to coastal rain forest.

c) most of us don't have the space to devote to growing live plants, some might take their chances with a single plant being confiscated at an ag inspection but that's it.

Your thread was also in a the 'Newcomers' section as opposed to being in a forum section where most discussions take place.

The silence on the subject could be for various reasons including but not limited to all of the above.

Good points, Almost There
would "Ag inspectors" also confiscate nutritional Sprouts... kept in glass jars ?

for example 8 Brassica sprouts, & 8 Micro-greens, Almond, Quinoa, Sunflower-seeds, green Peas, & Watercress, etc, packed with nutrition, including minerals, antioxidants, vitamins, & enzymes that help protect against free radical damage.

Plus dogs (which too often must tolerate 'manufactured crap'), would most definitely benefit from Broccoli sprouts too

Almost There said:
Your thread was also in the 'Newcomers' section as opposed to being in a forum section where most discussions take place.
Well, Newcomers are highly encouraged here to start one Intro discussion, & I complied :)

Yet to encourage more discussion on this vital Nutrition subject I can also start another discussion. Thanks for your encouragement.

Too remember cyndi's KISS "priority list includes a bed, Solar, 12 volt fridge, a stove, & internet." - along with  
Nutrient-rich food, clothes, & friends :heart: