Ford Transit Connect Sky Box HELP!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Detective_Merganser

Reaction score
Howdy Folks!

First time writer, long time lurker. I have a 2011 Ford Transit Connect that used to be a solar city work truck. They had previous installed a Ranger Ladder Rack to the roof, which I removed due to it's cumbersome nature. I have been trying to mount a Yakima 16 Sky Box to my van with no success. None of the standard Yakima mounts are working, and I am at a loss. 

Does anyone have a similar van that has successfully mounted a roof box to? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. I am currently traveling and have about 9 days before I HAVE to have this box mounted and road ready! Thanks!

Detective_Merganser said:
Howdy Folks!

None of the standard Yakima mounts are working, and I am at a loss. 

I'm not sure what this means.  Yakima makes TC specific towers that mount to the hard-points on the roof, then you simply slide your crossbars through the towers.  

Could you elaborate a bit on what exactly it is you're using and what the problem is you're having with it?

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_139.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_139.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Both Yakima and RhinoRack make "tracks", the latter work with the feet of both brands.

Call e-trailer, if they don't have for your model just get the longest ones (for Sprinter I believe) and trim to the right length with a hackdaw if needed.

They use PlusNuts to attach, I use marine-grade butyl and galv-paint the holes first.

This system gives max flexibility, low profile feet available, or cargo racks, enclosed carriers, feet for boats, bikes whatever.

I like the old-school round bars for easy adapting with stock hardware for lights, anchoring awnings etc

But the lower-profile aerodynamic styles are a bit quieter and look cooler.