FOR ANYONE DEPRESSED OR FEELING DOWN

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John61CT said:
Worth it just for the Tony Bennett cameo

What about Bob? also has a cameo, but it was Joan Lunden...

However, it all keeps you from feeling depressed or down to see a funny movie.  You forget your patterns of thinking and you forget your troubles for a little while, and sometimes that's all it takes to break out of a funk.

> What about Bob? also has a cameo, but it was Joan Lunden...

Never heard of her, sorry

John61CT said:
> What about Bob? also has a cameo, but it was Joan Lunden...

Never heard of her, sorry

She was the Good Morning America host through the 80s and 90s I think.  She now is a spokesperson for "A Place For Mom" which is an advisement group to help with giving options to children of aging parents. 

She really wasn't funny in the movie, but it was vital to the story line.  So if you don't know her, it was a cameo but in name only.   

Yeah, in case of depressed or negative thoughts, I whip out that movie.  I smile just considering it.  And if you think of it, we are all sort of taking a vacation with this lifestyle, and for Bob in the movie, he's taking a vacation FROM HIS PROBLEMS.

This is an edit ... which wouldnt let me delete a message. So ... It said i had to input something. So. I've come down with a miserable cold in the middle of trying to clean out my house. I'm feeling useless and behind schedule and crappy to boot. So . i think I'll go for that drink now...

NO NO, you aren't useless and never crappy.  You don't need that drink.  What you need is a funny movie.  Do you have one you can throw in the DVD player?  If not, go to YouTube and look up anything that's "Are You Being Served?" and laugh!

Hope you feel better and lose the cold.  Just relax and watch something funny!!

bigsallysmom said:
So true about movies. I cannot think downer thoughts while watching Young Frankenstein.

OMG, YES!!!!!  That's another one you can watch over and over.  Heck, I'm smiling now, just thinking about Madeline Kahn. 

I think even if you don't usually get depressed that it's a good idea to have a few FUNNY DVDs or the ability to get good funny movies online.

XFILE36 said:
Just some motivation if you are really down....

the first video is of a public speaker who was born without any limbs.  He travels and speaks everywhere across the work.  He is motivational to not give up

second, is an eagle that caught a fish and swam to the shore for over 3 minutes to bring it in to eat.

YOUTUBE VIDEOS:

and

You are IMPORTANT, and so is your life.  All problems are temporary.  Keep your chin up okay?

XFILE36, thank you for that video! my wife and cried all the way through. Although in the second one with the eagle and fish, I felt more like the fish than the bird and we saw how well that turned out.
thanks casper.