Fixing severed pipe in propane piping system myself?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Pipe dope is the way to go. And don't use Teflon tape. That stuff will clog your jets faster than anything

so from the new pic it looks like you threaded the tubing and put a cap on it. is that correct? that is not acceptable as far as being up to any code anywhere. several things could go wrong here. highdesertranger

You can find a flare fitting that will take a cap. That is how you do copper tube, with a flare fitting.

yep, several tried to tell them it had to be a flare early in this thread. highdesertranger

it's not possible to thread any tubing. the tubing in the pic looks like aluminum. I mean you could do it but is unsafe on many levels. highdesertranger

ccbreder said:
A new copper tube should be run from the tank to the heater. As you don't even have a tubing cutter, and I guess a flaring tool, no, you can't do the repair. It does not take a special mechanic to do the repair, but someone with good skills and proper tools. Soft copper tube and flair fittings are a must. Gas valves should be strategic also, at the appliance and at the tank.

Repeat, repeat. You obviously do not have the skills or knowledge to attempt this repair.

I think it's to late, they already did it. it's a fire waiting to happen. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
it's not possible to thread any tubing. the tubing in the pic looks like aluminum. I mean you could do it but is unsafe on many levels. highdesertranger
Lol. I am glad you clarified the first sentence with the third sentence. It almost sounded like the dreaded "triple dog dare" for a red hot second!