Fishing/Hunting

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jello Hah, I know deer love sweets. Hog will eat just about anything. I'll try it and see what happens...<br /><br />I made this trap to where I can catch more than one at a time. Heard that some hunters caught deer in there traps, which you don't want, because a deer will beat itself up..I'll set it when they start to root up the pasture again....

Texas-heatwave said:
Jello Hah, I know deer love sweets. Hog will eat just about anything. I'll try it and see what happens...<br /><br />I made this trap to where I can catch more than one at a time. Heard that some hunters caught deer in there traps, which you don't want, because a deer will beat itself up..I'll set it when they start to root up the pasture again....
<br /><br />A couple of strands of barbed wire, one&nbsp;stretched knee-level across the front, a second one midway to the top will keep the deer out and still let the hogs in.<br /><br />The jello users speculate it's the odor attracts them.&nbsp; Guy down the road got 13 hogts in one night in a trap designed figuring no more than five.<br /><br />He wasn't overjoyed.&nbsp; Said when he discovered it the work began and didn't end until he managed to forget the entire incident.

Texas Heatwave:&nbsp; I've been wondering how your hog trap worked out for you... a thread on another forum brought you to mind.&nbsp; When you last posted you said the hogs quit coming around when you put out the trap, you were going to try jello as a bait. <br /><br />Around here the hogs don't come around much unless there's been some rain.&nbsp; Lately they haven't been coming around near where I am, but the owner has a trail cam at one of his back gates half-mile away, and they're coming up past the gate early in the morning.<br /><br />My guess is they just aren't wandering outside the easy range of water.

Latest posts