Fish out of water.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyGrandma

Reaction score
I have just found this wonderful group and I am seriously thinking about living in a van for around 6 mos a year.  I think I might have to approach this slowly before committing to year round.

However it work for you HappyGrandma. I'm still in a sticks n bricks and will probably use my van to go out for weeks.

HappyGrandma! Welcome to the CRVL forums! Slow is never a bad way to go, if you're not sure. That said, there are plenty of us who are grandma age living in our vehicles.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum. Good plan easing into it. The videos show everything wonderful about it, but actually doing it for a few months will give you a realistic view. You do not need to invest a lot to get started, (except for maybe the vehicle). Water jugs, a cot, a cooler, a stove, and a bucket will get you underway.

Welcome and good for you. Ease in and test the water. As time progresses you'll see what works for you and form a floor plan for a long term build. Pretty exciting isn't it.

Hi HappyGrandma,

I'm looking for a travel buddy anywhere from KY/IN to AZ; if you're somewhere along the route and would like a trial camp, let me know, I have a spare tent. (We can Skype first to make sure we're not hatchet murderers or anything, lol.)

Attachments

• 1527621370917.jpg
    1527621370917.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 2
  • 1526503709329.jpg
    1526503709329.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 2
Shastarosie, if you are near western KY give me a shout. I’ll be here until it gets cold. We have ample space if you want to stop by a couple days.

Welcome to the forum... it's great to have you here.

A fish out of water.... I do love fishing.