Finally registered again.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovemyvan

Reaction score
I used to participate a bit in the old forum but I never re-registered in this one. I've done a fair amount of lurking but that was about it. I decided that today was as good a day as any to start participating again.

My husband and I are part-timing in our 2003 Ford E-150 conversion van for the past 2 years. We love our "Precious". The way we build it work very well for us, however if we were to do it again we would pay way more attention to the insolation. You know the old motto when you buy a house "Location, Location, Location" Well it should be "Insulation, Insulation, Insulation" when you do your build.

I put together 2 photo albums. The first is a quick look at what we did. It has about 25 photos with comments. It can be found at https://picasaweb.google.com/Soxandnicole/Precious

The second one has over 125 photos and comments. It explains in way more details how we converted our van. The link is: https://picasaweb.google.com/Soxandnicole/PreciousTransformation02

This is a lot of photos and comments but hopefully it will help trigger a few ideas for your own build.

I wish you all the best.

Nicole

Welcome back to the CRVL forums, Nicole et al! I'm headed right over to look at your pictures. I just bought a E-150 conversion so I'm really interested in what everyone's done to theirs.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Nicole, I love your conversion!!! Would you be willing to let me use your photos as a blog post to share with the website? It wouldn't take much of your time, I could download the photos and use your captions. You could be anonymous or you could even write up something and I'd just put the photos in.

If you would rather not, I understand and I'm still really glad you started this post.
Bob

Your van looks wonderful Nicole! I like the way you altered the storage areas to make more room inside the compartments. It really shows off your woodworking skills and the matching stain pulls the whole conversion together. Beautiful work!

Cyndi - you got a van! Where are the pictures? We need an I-got-my-van announcement thread! :)

Cindy, congratulation on the purchase of your van, I agree with Tony, where are the pictures?

Bob, of course you can use any and all photos/captions that you want. It would be an honor. As you can tell English is a second language so I would be grateful if you could correct my mistakes. I started this post to give ideas to people that are overwhelmed with the design of their conversion. If you think that short videos could explain some aspect more clearly, just tell me and I'll gladly do it.

To everyone, if you have questions please just ask, I'll do my best to answer them.

Nicole

Bob, I tried to send you an email but it came back undelivered so here it is.

Hello again Bob,
I just thought to let you know that I added more photos to the already large album. We recently painted the roof. I thought it was worth mentioning. This is it, I won't add any more to it.
I hope you have a great week sir!
Take care
Nicole Bureau

Latest posts