Finally got a trailer! 1965 Barth '19 all aluminum

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingsnake

Reaction score
PICTURES:&nbsp;<a href="" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"></a><br><br>Just got it this past weekend. I'm preparing to live in this full-time. It needs a little TLC.&nbsp;<br><br>So far my to-do list is:<br><br>New/updated propane system/test for leaks.&nbsp;<br>Needs an AC unit.<br>Needs a generator.<br>Reattach front window awning.<br>Put in a floor.<br>Figure out how to operate the appliances/toilet/shower/etc...<br><br>I plugged it into 110 and its got power. Some light bulbs are out. I think the fridge works. Its a Dometic.&nbsp;<br><br>Bought it for $1500. Has all the original paperwork. Brochures, wiring schematics, frame blueprint, all manuals for all appliances.<br><br>I had to put on new tires to get it off the guys lot. He had been sitting on this for 16 years, never used it. Just sat in the AZ sun for years and years.<br><br>What do you guys think? Did I pay too much or get a good deal? I read that these are somewhat rare. It's solid as hell and very well built. I'll try and get some more pictures soon.

Man that is so retro. really cool and I'm a bit jealous right now.<br>$1500 sound like a good deal on a classic old rig.

The only work i've done so far is some light cleaning inside. Took some Liquid Gold to the wood work/cabinets. I was alone, but said "wow!". The wood looks great. The build quality on the trailer is great. Barth made a solid, well crafted trailer. Biggest interior issues are some water damage on the dining area wood and the ceiling right around the vent opening. The vent had been missing on the roof.&nbsp;&nbsp;That and it needs some flooring of some sort. Considering that though I was&nbsp;surprised&nbsp;at the condition of this thing. I've been known to buy old junk but I feel good about this purchase.

&nbsp;Looks like a deal to me! So cool! Inside pictures please. :) Don't be surprised if you find a little more damage as you get into your to-do list. Overall the exterior looks great. Are you going to shine it up? Not sure whether they originally had a dull surface or a shiny one.

Love it! Can't wait to see the inside!!!

I always advise people to clean out the water system, and use a combination of Clorox and water to set in the system.&nbsp; putting water in the system and using it without killing the possible germs could make you sick.&nbsp; Google the procedure... its online several places.

I think you did fine, if it has split rims( which a lot of these had) I recommend changing them out. Take your time axle.s and wheel bearing are very important sway bars and a trailer brake system help a lot. Good luck and most important enjoy. My old 62 airstream many miles many roads many kids later.

cool trailer kingsnake.&nbsp; keep us updated with pics.&nbsp; highdesertranger

Latest posts