Federal Access Park Pass Free

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arctic cat

Reaction score
If you are Disabled (regardless age) You may obtain a Free ACCESS PASS.   This Pas would allowed you to enter any National Park or Property where entrance is required.  
  • The pass is Free (proof of disability is required)
  • For U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities.
  • May be obtained in person at a federal recreation site or through the mail using this application form. The cost of obtaining an Access Pass through the mail is ten dollars ($10) for processing the application (the Pass is free). Applicants must provide documentation of permanent disability and residency or citizenship.
  • May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and specialized interpretive services.
  • Generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.
  •   More info here http://store.usgs.gov/pass/access.html

Attachments

• NPS-2011Access-Pass.jpg
    NPS-2011Access-Pass.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 5
arctic cat said:
If you are Disabled (regardless age) You may obtain a Free ACCESS PASS.   This Pas would allowed you to enter any National Park or Property where entrance is required.  
  • The pass is Free (proof of disability is required)
  • For U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities.
  • May be obtained in person at a federal recreation site or through the mail using this application form. The cost of obtaining an Access Pass through the mail is ten dollars ($10) for processing the application (the Pass is free). Applicants must provide documentation of permanent disability and residency or citizenship.
  • May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and specialized interpretive services.
  • Generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.
  •   More info here http://store.usgs.gov/pass/access.html

Thank you for posting about the Access Pass and also about the Senior Pass.  I received my Access Pass  sometime in 2008 at the National Forest location outside of Tell City IN.  I hate to wait on anything and lived in KY at that time so I was able to receive my pass in person the same day by taking the required documents with me.

Some states offer free fishing permits for disabled persons some states charge a smaller fee. I do not know the required documentation needed or if the permit is reciprocated by other states.  Here in AL my local county courthouse has the application needed.  It is issued by AL Fish and Game Division.  There is also a  license/permit for Diasabled Vets with a discounted rate or maybe free I do not remember.  My poor ol' fishing rods have become permanent dust catchers behind the living room door, I'm almost afraid to see if I can still cast decently.  Makes me sad as some of my  earliest memories are fishing with my Grandparents.

Thanks for your service to our country. I have  family members who have served in the army, navy and air force  for four generations beginning  with WW II.  The most recent generation includes my son and nephew.  I am deeply appreciative of everyone who serves in our countrys  military forces.
                                                    Jewelann aka TJB

California has a half price state campground pass you can apply for. Washington state has a half price state campground pass and, if you don't have that, your handicap placard will also get you 50% off in the state campgrounds. Oregon has no discounts expect for 100% disabled vets.

Latest posts