EXTREME FIRE WARNING

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the west has been under warnings and/or restrictions all summer.
Extreme means no fires, including candles and no smoking outside vehicles. Only a propane stove or grill may be used for cooking...no charcoal.

With the winds and drought, I would stay away from most of the tinder dry hills as lightning has started many of the current fires. They are now estimating 1,000 houses burned in the Valley fire alone. For once I am glad I am stuck here in Missouri as I would have been dwelling in the middle of that.

A lot of my work is set to go up in smoke.

yes please be careful, we are in the middle of fire season. although we have a good chance of rain the next couple of days. I wonder about nana4twins I haven't seen any of her posts lately. I think that one fire was close to her campground. keep safe everybody. highdesertranger

Nana has not been on her blog, and has closed down her account here This has been a while. I worry about her also.

Dang it. I've wondered about Nana three or four times in the last two weeks. Went to her profile to see if I had simply missed a recent post. Maybe someone who was in other contact with her can let us know if she is safe and well?

I got worried about Nana from the last posts and forgot to mention what I came to this tread to say. :s

Got Smart -- I watched ABC national news tonight and they showed parts of Middletown that had burned and mentioned the town by name.

I been worried also this thread prompted me to e-mail nana4twins I just checked and the e-mail came back undeliverable. which makes me even more worried.

WriterMs said:
I got worried about Nana from the last posts and forgot to mention what I came to this tread to say.    :s

Got Smart -- I watched ABC national news tonight and they showed parts of Middletown that had burned and mentioned the town by name.

That fire is up to 90 square miles today.  The evacuation area is 30 miles on each side of the fire lines.  From Clear Lake to Calistoga. 

Middletown and near by Hidden Valley have each lost a minimum of 200 homes each, as well as schools, churches, and perhaps 1,000 barns and sheds. Lots of dwellers displaced in the surrounding hills.  Cobb and Harbon were home to many people that lived under the radar.

highdesertranger said:
I been worried also this thread prompted me to e-mail nana4twins I just checked and the e-mail came back undeliverable.  which makes me even more worried.

If I remember correctly, she got in a verbal fight with someone and said that she was quitting this site.

highdesertranger said:
yes please be careful,  we are in the middle of fire season.  although we have a good chance of rain the next couple of days.  I wonder about nana4twins I haven't seen any of her posts lately.  I think that one fire was close to her campground.  keep safe everybody.  highdesertranger

Nanna4twins has had my curiosity up for quite some time now. I had several PM;s with her and then she vanished. She has been off line for weeks on end now.
Anyways she was well south of the Rough Fire by 30 miles or so.

Mike R

Well the Valley Fire is almost contained.  3 dead, at least 2 missing,,,

1,900 structures destroyed with another 3,000+ still threatened.  

http://www.lakeconews.com/index.php...creage-holds-steady&catid=1:latest&Itemid=197

It seems that everyone is donating time and goods, and the relief agencies are all stepping up to help.  The Red Cross is the only one that is not giving 100%.  Taking in some goods, and refusing others.  Calling a 100 meal output lunch, when the local groups are putting out 1,000 meals.  They will soon cut and run with the donations just like they have with every other disaster.  They are good at hiding the money by paying their "directors" between $100K and $1 million a year each. 

http://digg.com/2015/how-the-red-cross-raised-half-a-billion-dollars-for-haiti-and-built-six-homes

Be safe folks. And if you need to bug out from forums or from a threatened fire, at least let bob know. You can change your email address and login name; it's not that hard to disappear but still be a participant.

Latest posts