Expat returning to USA & starting from scratch

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I already have all my documents. Original, not plasticated SS card for work, along with letter of proof I registered for US draft which was...is(?)obligatory to do for males born after 1960, valid US passport I'll renew early at the embassy here as they do it while you wait, original US birth certificate, valid Italian id's such as drivers license, permanent residency card, health insurance card, tax card, community ID card. I already know my driver's license is valid in Nevada a year as a tourist or until a month after I become a NV resident. US Healthcare site told me what I need to be able to sign up outside of the normal period. Returning expats (who are exempt from requirement to have US health insurance while away ) have 60 days to sign up once they gain residency... that's for Nevada. Oh and though the Italian license itself is valid in NV, NM for example requires it to be accompanied with an International Drivers License; I'll buy that to be extra safe. UNTIL I have a job or get my NV driver's license, I'm only a legally tourist by law. Even have a return ticket as it's often cheaper than a 1 way flight. But obviously I want to get job & residency squared away sooner rather than later. Anyone PERSONALLY used a room rental site/app they can recommend?? Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk