Entertainment center

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rackley

Reaction score
I had to laugh as I typed the title. Right now I'm boondocking and  I'm testing out my Explorer this weekend.  Mostly my bed, window screens and entertainment. 

Bed isn't bad.  It's two 3x3 memory foam pads wrapped in a fleece blanket.  The window screens are just thin black cloth held on with magnets. And that is an Galaxy tab 2 I used to use for work loaded with a 64gb SD card full of TV shows and movies

Attachments

• 14426266915220.jpg
    14426266915220.jpg
    102.9 KB
Hey, the main thing is you ARE out there... doing it. Testing. Learning.

But, yes, I see the humor of your entertainment center.

Mine is a really old iPad with my ex's selection of music on it (luckily I like about one fourth of it). Don't have any shows to watch on it though. I used it very heavily last year for reading... mainly, as someone else admitted, for trashy novels of the sort I had never "wasted" time reading in my other life. :cool:

VJG1977 said:
My only question is, where are the headphones? :)

Why do I need headphones?  It has speakers and it is barely audible in the front seats.  It gets louder but there is no need for that.

Rackley said:
Why do I need headphones?  It has speakers and it is barely audible in the front seats.  It gets louder but there is no need for that.

I have the same tablet and the sound is OK with the internal speakers but a good set of headphones make a world of difference.

A good bluetooth speaker, such as a Bose or Sony will give that little tablet dynamite sound with about a 30 foot range from the tablet.

I don't bother with a dash radio, as I mounted a backup camera screen where the radio normally goes, but I do listen to my music and podcasts using my Samsung tablet and a Sony X3 powered speaker. Like having a very small high quality sound system that goes anywhere.

I "borrow" my son's library card.  His library has audiobooks and ebooks that I check out (mine doesn't). I particularly like the the audio books.  I load one on my tablet and bluetooth connect to an external speaker that is placed on the engine cover and we listen to the books while driving (and sometimes camped).  It sure makes the miles melt away :)  Traveling to Georgia twice a year to see my mom in a non-stop trip each way (12-14 hrs).  I hope for the destination driving to go away after the first of the year.  We will see how that goes, been doing it (destination driving) for most of my life :(  I got to figure out how to slow down and smell the roses....

So ready......

Brian