Engel sale

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang. Timing is everything.

I just bought a Dometic 12v fridge about a week ago. I might have upgraded to the Engel but the extra $$$ were a bit much.

This sale makes the difference in price more acceptable.

I just discovered Norcold fridges are made by Engel with the same swing motor compressor.

Don't know if this applies to everyone but, on Amazon prime I can get 5 months financing on Whynter AC/DC fridge/freezers. Don't know how quality stacks up to Engel or vice versus though they have bigger ones than Engel and are cheaper with great customer service.

badmotorscooter said:
I just discovered Norcold fridges are made by Engel with the same swing motor compressor.

only some of the Norcold fridges have the swing motor compressors. 
You have to look at a cross reference chart to see it the unit you are interested in is on that list.
This is the link to that chart direct from the Engel company  https://www.engelcoolers.com/norcold

I was very fortunate to find a used Norcold in good condition that was on that list. That saved me $500.00 over the cost of the new version of the same unit from Engel.