Ehrenburg Rangers to enforce 14 day camping limit

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the yearly pass that allows you stay there?  It's not free but is it an option?  I thought Bob had it in video about passes.

C-Cat said:
Does anyone know if AT&T is working at Crystal Hill? LTE? What about other providers?

As of now both AT&T and Version have two bars of LTE without a booster.  Five bars with a sleek and a directional antenna.

there is no yearly pass. you can get a 6 month pass but that is only for the LTVA's. the LTVA's are the only place on public land were there is not a 14 day limit. the LTVA's in the southern desert are only for winter use, there are a couple in the Eastern Sierra that are for summer use. highdesertranger

I am on limited data, so I don't watch most of the videos, but today I got to see Bob's vlog about the "Ehrenberg situation"

I love it!

I have so much respect for this guy, who in face of all the drama just keeps going!
Last year with all the drama going on during the RTR and then people (many of whom weren't even present) started to blow things way out of proportion on their own channels.

This year, drama seemed to hit earlier, first with the "we are oh so concerned about xyz" for 2018 RTR, litigation this and that....again folks who had not even been involved in past events. HUH?
Now the whole Ehrenberg thing, which, YES, SURE, is an inconvenience to some, but really not that big of a deal in the great scheme of things....
Not sure what's next, we have another whole to weeks until the RTR.....

Clearly, more people need Bob's attitude, generosity and mindset!
He just never ceases to amaze me.

For those of you, worried, because you may be new, or unsure, I encourage you to watch it, it will reassure you for sure.
And for those of us, who are more experienced boondockers, who weren't worried in the first place, it's still a great thing to see how Bob deals with all this.
I wish I had a smidge of his resilience / attitude when i was still dealing with the corporate world, my life would have been so much easier!.

Damage control.

Hundreds of thousands of RV dwelling snowbirds have been wintering in the southern Arizona desert for generations. And it will continue for as long as any of us are alive to know about it. 

But Bob is right, 'the sky is not falling'....it just lowered a bit for a few folks caught during the current 'raid'.

StrayCat said:
Clearly, more people need Bob's attitude, generosity and mindset!
He just never ceases to amaze me.

For those of you, worried, because you may be new, or unsure, I encourage you to watch it, it will reassure you for sure.
I liked the fact that he calls them as he sees them.  Then tells it flat out he is going to keep helping people and he is not sorry he is doing it.  I dont have to guess or put a probably or even a maybe - If it weren't for Bob a lot of people would be in a very bad situation now with no idea how to get out of it.
And then he launched into suggestions for the newbies on where to go - map and all, with the added information how to find more.
But the "Chicken Little" skit at the beginning - that alone made the video.   :D

Maybe some new traditions can come from this. Instead of Ehrenberg for winter, how about Slab City? How about just going down to Baja and chilling out there for a month or so? Next year, I will be looking for places to spend winter myself.

Van Lady said:
Heard from two Ehrenburg campers that 6 rangers showed up today, took pictures of all vehicles and license plates and told campers today was day #1 of their 14 days. They need to be gone by January 2. It is now to be an enforced area.

I was wondering if the rangers will do the same in Slab City.  Any thoughts?

Slab City is owned by the State of California.  BLM has no jurisdiction.