Ehrenberg bound

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ainley53

Reaction score
Some people have much greater demands on their time than others and sometimes it's very difficult to contact them. So this is sort of a general posting to "Whom it may concern". Hannah and I will be leaving Elk City, Ok. 10/21/2017, Saturday morning, and heading south and west seeking warmer temps. Hope to arrive Ehrenberg by Saturday, 11/04/2017. Hoping to find some friends there.

You just set it up for maximum sight seeing !
Have a nice relaxing trip , and Happy Trails To You and Hannah>>>>>>>>>>>>>

rvpopeye said:
You just set it up for maximum sight seeing  !
Have a nice relaxing trip , and Happy Trails To You and Hannah>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actually this is my alternate route. I had originally planned to creep along I-40 to Santa Rosa, drop down to Socorro and then ride Hwy 60 all the way over to I-10 to Ehrenberg. But due to the low temps forcast for that route I decided to head southwest from Amarillo to Las Cruces and take I-10 and I-8 to Yuma, then up to Ehrenberg. The first route would have been MUCH more scenic. I can handle warmer weather much better than colder weather thanks to 42 years in Houston.

I may be there in mid Nov.... Planning on leaving Chandler, Az. on Nov. 2nd and headed to Lake Havasu to attend Jamie's Van build out get together. I have a kitchen pass valid until the 22nd of Nov.... :) Depending how things go in Havasu, I may drop down and spend a few days in Ehrenberg before heading back to Chandler. I will be in a white Ram 1500 reg cab towing a small 5th wheel.

Either way, have a great/safe trip and hope to see you there! We will also be at the RTR.

-Mike

Wish I could say I’ll see you there! Have fun!

DangerBird said:
I may be there in mid Nov.... Planning on leaving Chandler, Az. on Nov. 2nd and headed to Lake Havasu to attend Jamie's Van build out get together. I have a kitchen pass valid until the 22nd of Nov....  :)  Depending how things go in Havasu, I may drop down and spend a few days in Ehrenberg before heading back to Chandler. I will be in a white Ram 1500 reg cab towing a small 5th wheel.

Either way, have a great/safe trip and hope to see you there! We will also be at the RTR.

-Mike

Might see you there...I'm up in Kingman and hope to go to the van build out get together...not because I have a van, but because I want to meet some people. Hopefully I have a job by then and can afford it (and have the days off)

DangerBird, I've been kind of busy of late and am WAY BEHIND on this forum. What, where and when is Jamie's van build out? And what is a kitchen pass?
David

Ainley53,

A kitchen pass is "permission" from my wife to go and have fun. She will be with me at the RTR. She is thinking it might be a little warm for her that early in Nov. She didn't know what a kitchen pass was either. Old military saying... :)

Jamie's get together starts on Nov. 1st. Here is a link to his youtube video regarding the event with directions.

Dune,

Hope you can make it. You are pretty close being in Kingman. Also, good luck on the job front!

-Mike

David, I'm not. Still at my mum's. I don't see that changing anytime soon. The van is ready to go, at a moment's notice, if anything changes.

I am in Quartzsite now, but will be Ehrenberg in the first or second week of November

cyndi said:
David, I'm not. Still at my mum's. I don't see that changing anytime soon. The van is ready to go, at a moment's notice, if anything changes.

Sorry to hear that. Wishing both of you the best

Well lesson learned. I could have taken until 11/04 to get here (Lake Havasu City) by making lots of small jumps east of Albuquerque but NO, I had to hurry up and get here before it turned cold in Flagstaff. So now I get to roast my buns here. LOL. Anyone know of a shady spot around Lake Havasu City where the parking is free? Waiting on Nov 01 and the start of the van build out party. Should be fun. Ehrenberg after that.

get in the water, put your chair in the water and a wide brim hat. the good news is this heat wave will only last a few days and it is cooling off nice at night. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
get in the water,  put your chair in the water and a wide brim hat.  the good news is this heat wave will only last a few days and it is cooling off nice at night.  highdesertranger

Sounds nice, but I have things to do and they can't get done if I'm in the water. Fortunate for me I'm not allergic to SWEAT.

It's supposed to start cooling off this weekend. I don't know of anywhere that has shade except for places that cost money.

When does the van build party start?

DuneElliot said:
It's supposed to start cooling off this weekend. I don't know of anywhere that has shade except for places that cost money.

When does the van build party start?

Nov. 01-14, possibly longer. I have yet to see a specific location mentioned. Just the general location of Havasu Lake City, AZ.

Ainley53,
Did you get the directions to the build event from the youtube link I posted? It looks very easy to find. Due west of the airport and west of 95 behind the super walmart and home depot. You can see them from the BLM spot where the event is being held.

I am planning on being there the afternoon of the 2nd. On Saturday the 4th at Lake Havasu state park there is a radio controlled float plane fun fly that I plan on attending. Have a few friends who will be flying there so figured we would just pop in on them. Usually a hundred planes or more at the event which is also friday. My full scale flying friend may fly in to Havasu in his cessna 182 so I will pick him up at the airport and head down to the event and grab some lunch at some point. Looks like the state park is only 5 miles south of the build event.

Here is a link to the event flyer. http://deserthawksrc.org/2017-seaplane-classic/

Don't sweat the heat... :) Chamber of commerce weather is right around the corner.

-Mike

ainley53 said:
Nov. 01-14, possibly longer.  I have yet to see a specific location mentioned.  Just the general location of Havasu Lake City, AZ.

Cool. Thanks. I just received a job offer so won't be able to come down for long and only for a weekend, but I think it would be fun for a couple of days to connect with other nomads.

DuneElliot said:
Cool. Thanks. I just received a job offer so won't be able to come down for long and only for a weekend, but I think it would be fun for a couple of days to connect with other nomads.

Cool and congrats!!  :)