Ehrenberg 2016/17

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainChaser

Reaction score
Where do you folks make camp around Ehrenburg?  North or south of the Interstate?

[Mod's note: This thread has been split off from the Ehrenberg 2015 thread.]

Anyone know how the Verizon LTE is at the Ehrenberg site? Thinking of heading that way before the RTR but have to have LTE/4G to work.

I use Verizon and have had no problems getting good 4G or LTE all over the area.

We went down the river looking for campsites and ran out of 4G about a 100 yds past the power lines. Nothing but 1X down there but that's at least 15 miles down the river.

You will find yourself confused though, most of the time you're bouncing off of cell towers in California with an hour time zone difference..... :D

Thank you! lol on the timezone.....my clients are in Chicago and I've been in FL for the past few years so I'm always confused on timezone!

I know when I get out in the trailer that one of my favorite things is losing track of time and day. I don't plan on a visible clock in the trailer and don't own a alarm clock. Then again it's not needed much when you consider 6:30 to be sleeping in.

can anyone tell me how long everyone will be in ehrenberg?  i want to go but i have to be in colorado until 1/4

We just got into Quartzsite around 6 tonight and are camping in the Dome Rock area for the night. We will make our way to Ehrenberg mid-morning tomorrow!
We can't wait to meet everyone.
Peace and blessings!

There are about 40 of us here and you can't speak for 40 vandwellers just like you can't herd cats! I think the majority of us will be here until the RTR, but I'm pretty sure a group is getting organized to caravan down to Mexico.

By the time you get here, there will van dwellers everywhere--like a Biblical plague!

How is the grocery shopping down there? I ask because while I can get dry goods, freezing temperatures pose a issue for wet goods and the fridge doesn't like below 20F. I'd almost rather put off the shopping until I get down there and can relax.

Blythe has fairly good shopping it's just across the bridge in CA.

"like a Biblical plague!" oh no not the locust.

highdesertranger

Thank you HDR. The forecast is hovering on the edge of too cold for the fridge but at least it's clear so far.

Vandwellers descending like the plague !
I bet it will seem like that , there have been SO many newcomers joining up lately.
The tribe is becoming a TRIBE !

Hi, I'm a "newbie" in my Prius. Thinking of joining for a few days. Still room for me?

743445d62f336e91830ee31777c3d6bb.jpg

I'd say there's a fair bit of room remaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm driving in from El Paso. Will probably arrive sometime Thursday. I'm new so any help, etc will be appreciated.

Sailing VANessa said:
I'm driving in from El Paso. Will probably arrive sometime Thursday. I'm new so any help, etc will be appreciated.

Sailing VANessa,

There are 4 of us Prius travelers attending the RTR again. If you are still around look us up.

Brent

Oberneldon said:
Sailing VANessa,

There are 4 of us Prius travelers attending the RTR again.  If you are still around look us up.

Brent

They will be parked next to the white van.  ;)

If it gets too crowded there you could come join me. There's a large flatish gravel area about a mile away, and many smaller spots around. There's a building with lights on all night only a few miles away, and some antennas in the other direction. Less than 50 miles to Blythe, Brawley, or Yuma.

GEEZER ALERT!!!   The Screamin' Geezer has arrived.   

Old brown Chevy high top Coachmen  conversion van.  Stop by to chew the fat if you're so inclined.