Eastbound to Florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I hear you on the COVID belly...............

We just hit a snag with Paulette's driver's license.......I guess she'll get an Arizona DL when we get back there...we already have a BCM address

Found a dozen SKEETERS "Alive" stuck to the NEW fan grille this AM.....that old fan was S L O W compared to this one...
I'm pulling the screen off.....It's now the SUCK ZONE !

I got the new phone up-and-running BUT I lost most of my contacts....the battery expanded and severed the face (Verizon couldn't salvage anything from the old phone)....GOOGLE saved me a couple #'s ....TEXT me !

The new (Walmart HP) Laptop is working sweet...GOOGLE did come thru for the computer...remembering all my favorites and history....I guess BigBrother is watching....I still need to "rescue" the photos from the dead/dying laptop.....

I've got a picture on there of HDR working his claim last year.......Damn ALS !

It's been a while.............We're finally ready to head West

The Transmission has been serviced and a cracked Plastic intake manifold replaced by professionals....thank goodness for an emergency fund

We had so many appointments and so many rejections......Too Big a vehicle (the van was on the lift and the guy started to raise the van.......I pointed out the van was-not-all-the-way-in-the-building-yet)....or needs a complicated transmission rebuild.....Wait a week for the appointment and then NO repair

We have spent more nights in RV parks this trip than ever before........Most of my FREE old overnite stand-bys have new restrictions

The local Interstate Flying J truck stop has a 2 hr. limit with local police on-site enforcement....Interstate rest areas are now only 3 hrs.......the fishing spots were posted No Camping.........Cracker Barrel was still good

The time spent with Family and Friends has been Great.....as well as Sad......We're not getting any younger

For now we're up in the Springs area....Florida's Nature Coast

Safe travels Doug... I hope the service performed on your vehicle lasts well. Plastic intake? Yikes! I’m gonna look you guys up again. I’ll be shutting my cabin down so I won’t have to worry about anything!
I got referred to Mayo for my issues here in Minnesota. I’m hoping I can get that moved to mayo in Phoenix and just spend the whole dang winter down there. Last year I went to visit a friend in Yuma from Quartszite, and couldn’t get away before having to run back north to take care of heat issues. Not this year! I may never go back. Haha! Got my job covered, retiring from fire duties, and getting that camper dialed in. Hope I can be found not right enough to stop in for a while.

Lolapalooza, a celebration of vintage Lola race cars?

Lola-CanAm-1968.jpeg

Attachments

• Lola-CanAm-1968.jpeg
    Lola-CanAm-1968.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 10
I do not know LOLA.......or her PALOOZA........ask Brian

Loving the Springs...Camping/swimming at Manatee and Otter....Tomorrow it's swimming in Madison Blue Springs (Day use)....

Then we hit the road ! ........... Go WEST old man..............Quartzsite Bound...............

Abnorm, Georgie, Joker, and Snik are here if you are near Kentucky.