Eastbound to Florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abnorm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are headed to Floriduh to renew drivers license and other "paperwork"

Starting travel from a summer on the Oregon coast was a SMOKEY surprise,,,,,,,,,,and HOT !

108* is too hot in the Van.................We're in Kingman now.......I think a little Grand Canyon is in order until it cools a bit.........It's less than 90* there.............

PLANS:

I-40 to Amarillo...........maybe South to that WINTON STATION for an overnite or two.......Brian ?

Friends in Arkansas expect a visit.........IDA who ? IDA-don't-know..............

My Florida address is Bushnell (Escapees).......Orlando was "Home"......Cocoa is Family

I'm ready for some Florida Seafood !.............Walt's original Fish Dip !!!!!!!! YUM...................

Swimming in the Springs..........Ahhhhhhh

Family and Friends

We'll return to the Quartzsite desert by Thanksgiving.............

Are you going to go to the Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo and get on of those bazillion pound steaks, abnorm? lol

My mother's side of the family is from the Amarillo and Shamrock areas. I've been there a few times.

Motor.......What a visual !

Wanderingsoul.......I like to eat but alas.....no longer "Competitively"

Actually....Tx2Sturgis is just South of Amarillo...........Winton Station

Sorry Camilla.....Hiya John.......Not now....We'll be watching for your posting/departure WEST

We arrived in the Grand Canyon area.....Boondocking on FR #302....exact campsite we used before....85*....NICE.....Full cell signal/Netflix....

Rained today on the drive......not enough to get the van clean........we haven't seen RAIN in a while !

We're right in front of the Airport............Tour Helicopters overhead........I'm Home

I'm 80-85 miles SW of Bushnell right outside St Petersburg. If you plan on heading near me I have a place for you to park. Extension cord, water, trash etc

Thanks MotorBob...............We'll make it happen...........

We pulled into the Edgewood Walmart in New Mexico.........

The guy is under his truck with the 30' trailer unhitched in the far parking lot.....I go over to check...." We're brand NEW campers Today"

His glare told me to Buzz Off.........They were practicing "hooking up"........after an hour of backing and parking they picked up their cones and started to drive away in earnest............BAM....CRASH

The Trailer is now upended.......the Hitch is on the ground......Trailer jack bent......Propane tanks leaning

The Hitch pulled right out of the Receiver ...........He failed to get the PIN thru the hole !

Headed to Texas today

abnorm said:
.....They were practicing "hooking up"........after an hour of backing and parking they picked up their cones and started to drive away in earnest............BAM....CRASH

Sounds like fun!

If you come down I-65 after leaving AR... I have plenty of power, water, and good food to share.

Idly debating going to Deland for a couple of weeks instead of spending the whole winter in Yuma. I know a place to park there by the airport.

Camper said:
If you come down I-65 after leaving AR... I have plenty of power, water, and good food to share.

That may be counter productive......Direction-wise......But Thanks for the offer.....PM sent

DELAND airport.....what's with that ?

Arrived at TX2Sturgis home in Texas.....Like Old-Times.....More Toys for Big Boys....We'll Stay the Weekend

abnorm said:
DELAND airport.....what's with that ?

No not Deland airport. Near Deland airport. Very quiet place. Fun watching the skydivers coming down.

Miles and Miles and miles....a couple days ago we rolled over 100k...(I bought it with 25,000 miles)...That's the end-of-the-Warranty !

We stayed with Nomad friends who bought-land-in-Arkansas.......a Rainbow Family Gathering starts this weekend in their town

Tomorrow we'll arrive in Florida............maybe Carabelle beach on the Gulf for the nite ? We have rain from TS Nick

Paulette is MISERABLE......Heat Humidity and Hundreds of Mosquito Bites !....Not a HappyCamper

I'm losing some Coolant....1/2 liter every day/300 miles......I'm gonna need some DYE to find this one.....every thing looks dry
BUT I did have to open the cooling system "Last Year" to fix that rat/wire damage......Hmmmmm?....There was that O-ring connection.......

Carabelle sounds great. Take pics! Mosquitos not so much. Can she use deet? I know she has sensitivities to different things.

The heat and humidity just suck in Florida this time of year but winter is so nice. It hasn’t been too terrible here lately. The nights are in the 60s and we have had quite a few 70s days.

Here's my overnite spot on Carabelle Beach my first trip out.....No Solar Panels !

#beach.jpg

DEET is tough........we wanted to try a THERMACELL...except its TOXIC to the Cats !

Attachments

• #beach.jpg
    #beach.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 15
UNCLE !

With the total overcast and rain ......we gave up on Solar and pulled into an RV park for the day.........Dump tank.........Recharge Batteries.........Showers

""Tomorrow is another Day !""

Is it still ok to camp there? What a great spot