Eastbound to Florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang I just found this thread! You'd think my ears would be burning...but NOOOOO!

IMG_20210905_174255512_HDR.jpg

So how was the stay at the 'kid's' place?

And its Winford, not Winton...dangit!

Oh yeah...Cammie and Zipper say ARF! and MRREOW! (which means 'Hey Dude!')

IMG_20210328_005559028.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210328_005559028.jpg
    IMG_20210328_005559028.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210905_174255512_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210905_174255512_HDR.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 21
^ BUDDIES !!!!!!!

Sorry bout that....Winford !

The KIDS are fine....Their place is great....BIG plans....they're young they have Time

They have a very active pound puppy....and 7 Guinea Fowl....they clean-up the yard bugs

I think we got LOST about 5x getting there...

Yeah Camilla...they fenced off that beach access....We drove by in the blinding rain last nite.....

Today standing water covers the gravel road.....What Potholes are hiding under there ? We didn't Try...

We'll rest today at the public beach Day Park and head South to Manatee Springs tomorrow....

The walk-to Food truck across the street serves FRESH Fish.....SCORE !......

Watching Fierce weather over the Gulf !...supposed to hit us tonight......Pavement-Parking-Waiting-for-the-KNOCK

"Manatee Springs"

The water snakes there freaked out my teen's friends, but the snakes tend to stay in the bushes, so I made a deal with them that I would avoid the bushes if they would keep away from me.

Doug is it time for the manatees to come back for the winter yet?

^Nope....not 'til it's cold

Gulf was calm today.....hardly a wave

Saw two Porpoises .....they were herding shiners right up to the shoreline for a quick feast

Big Fat "fish" flopping in the shallows.........Big crowd pleaser........

Jan..........We love the whole Suwannee River Basin

My Maxxaire Deluxe fan quit.........Cant find any on the shelf within 250 miles.......Damn it's hot........

And the trusty HONDA generator broke.....puking oil.....I had to buy a Champion (no Hondas on-the-shelf)

And the HUMIDITY is messing with the Wood...It's ALIVE......Doors and drawers don't fit

My phone finally died.....the battery has been expanding....finally fell apart........WALMART here we come

BUT it's finally Sunshine..........More Solar Power !.........We forgot what RAIN is like........

Jeez Doug. Get outta there! Cooling down here. Suppose to be in the 70s all next week

Forty Nine Degrees here at Winford Station this morning!

FALL IS HERE BY GOLLY!

Got the window installed in the trailer door (finally!) and gonna TRY to get some antenna work done.....again....cooler weather is MUCH easier to work in!

^Nice............careful up there

After a nice overnite visit with friends in Orlando.........I decided to try a nite at a boat ramp/fish camp that's surrounded by the St Johns river......We were alone

I oiled and fired up the new Champion Generator to run the microwave........ I got everything put-away and then the SKEETERS attacked...Thousands !....We tried for an hour to kill as many as we could .............

We ultimately RAN to the Cracker Barrel less than 10 miles away.......Paulette is a pin-cushion today ! How do they get thru the screens ?

The Champion...(I wanted a HONDA)...None in all the dozen stores I tried........purchased at Northern Tool for about half the Honda

Today we get the new Maxair fan shipped to HomeDepot......the original 4 yr old with a burnt/motor......the deluxe has a separate "head" .........TWO twist screws attach and detach from the roof flange......rewire and done

We're waiting on paperwork to arrive for our drivers licenses

Hmmmmmmm........Feels/Seems like Florida's not "Home" anymore ?

Hang in there, Doug. You'll soon be done with these issues and back to the right side of the country :)

It's about time you had a new phone. And remind Paulette about the baking soda and water thing, and that it has to be done early-- before ya start scratching!

I have a couple of issues that I won't be tackling until I'm surrounded by friends in Q.

Which Champion did you get? They actually have had a good reputation for a long time.

I just sold the Yamaha I bought used earlier this year. Much easier to pull the start cord which is a good thing because it is a cold blooded beast if you run it dry.

The little 2000 watt off brand generator that I got from headache starts with one pull. You just need to be a gorilla to pull it.

Either way I end up with a sore arm

Looks like I will be heading down to quartzsite in a week or so. Lows will be in the mid 30’s this week in Williams.

I have two Champion generators and they both seem to be good quality.

Of course, I have not run them near as many hours as what abnorm will. 

I had an issue (my fault) and Champion sent me a new part, free of charge, even though the generator was out of warranty.

I have no complaints...so far!

Jimindenver there is a way to adapt a car starter drive to a battery powered drill or simply power the starter ratchet, if your generator has one, with a battery powered drill (usually 18 volt or larger) but be aware if something binds or breaks it will probably break your wrist if not properly secured or mounted.

Champion 2500 surge.....running 1800's......Easy start (New)....Quiet idle......Ramps up to speed about the same noise as Honda.....Case fitment is off ?

Max fan was easy replacement........Ahhhhhh

Ford Connect campers next door tonight in the county "campground".....Manatee Hammock

Tina.......BEFORE SCRATCHING ?..............Now that's FUNNY !

The ETQ is not that bad to start. Gas it up, turn it on and set the choke, pull the cord out slowly until you feel the compression stroke, let the cord back in and pull it out slightly until you feel the compression again and give it a quick short rip. Starts up every time. Just giving it a yank and having the compression hit when you are not ready for it will rip the handle out of your hand and that hurts.

^^^I checked them out after I had a flywheel key partially shear changing the ignition timing causing the engine to kick back so hard it ripped the metal rod in the pull handle out of the rubber part and ripped through the second joint of my middle finger. Fortunately it healed after several months and is just a little stiff. There is a good chance the timing is slightly off on an engine that kicks back and replacing the flywheel key often corrects that, just so folks know.

jimindenver said:
The little 2000 watt off brand generator that I got from headache starts with one pull. You just need to be a gorilla to pull it.

Well you aren’t exactly a 98 lb weakling Jim… I dunno if you are as big as a gorilla but I’ll bet you are taller!