E250 build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Van's looking great, it's definitely a feat to be traveling, living in, and working on a van all at the same time. It's quite the Trifecta! While in a foreign country no less.....made that a quadfecta!

I nicked my thumb on a table saw in my early 20's while working in a cabinet shop. Went to work when I should have just taken the day off after a late night of being young and stupid. Required a few stitches but somehow managed to miss the tendons, bone and nail. Dr said that was a one in a million and if he had to cut himself on a table saw he would have wanted to do it exactly how I did! Hope you have a speedy recovery while enjoying those cold beers!

Thanks all, it's almost complete, though the to do list doesn't seem to get any smaller;

Internal
- Paint internal walls (or put up carpet / laminate etc)
- Buy a small bowl (8 inches or less) and a tap with hand pump or 12v pump.
- Trim drawers again for a better fit.
- Put up netting to shelves.
- The fairy lights need diodes to lower the brightness. I'll leave this till I find someone who knows how to solder, as I've no experience in it.
- Make up better window coverings
- Makeup a mosquito net / shield? / cover? for side and back doors. There's a good how to on the net but I can still see it being a tricky job to get the shape / size right.

External
- Build a deck on the roof
- Buy a ladder - Trying to find one off a wrecked G20 or other old van. I've been checking wreckers as I go but no luck so far.
- Find a tyre carrier second hand (This would be most useful come the rough roads of central / south america.
- Find a way to secure the doors when open. Any wind / slope means one of the four doors is constantly closing.

Getting there! More pics to come, you can check out the albumn at Tales From The Road on Facebook.

Thanks!

Edit:

Almost forgot the most important thing to come, the bed!

I'm looking around for someone to make four long foam sections that can either lay down as a bed, or be used as two couches. Trying to get prices now, then they will have to be covered.

Also looking at using some sort of foldable legs to use part of the bed as a table. Confusing I know but it'll be made clear once the foam segments are in place.

Also going to need a new set of tyres for the beast but I'll buy them just before I hit Mexico.