Drop-shipping

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K1ngN0thing

Reaction score
I'm making around $500/mo drop-shipping products from China. While I do have my own web-shop, most of my sales are on a third-party platform with millions of users. I'm willing to help anyone who's interested get set up doing the same in exchange for 10% of your earnings for the first 30 days, which you can pay once the 30 days have elapsed. You'll need a Paypal account to receive customer payments and a debit or credit card to order the products. There's no monetary investment or marketing required. If you can copy and paste, you can do this.

Do you have a foolproof spam blocker?  :dodgy:

signature link has been suspended.

cyndi said:
signature link has been suspended.

Wow, thanks... even though a mod had already modified the link to include "Video" I guess all it takes is one person to complain about something they haven't even watched to get it removed. These draconian rules are ridiculous. There's no "product" being hawked. It was an informational overview of a charity, and has nothing to do with what I'm offering in this thread. But hey, I guess it's alright to have 5 lines in your sig, including self-promotion, as long as you're a mod.

I think I'm done posting on this form. If anyone wants to reach me: http://reddit.com/u/K1ngN0thing

Tried the given link.  Began watching the video.  Didn't see how it tied to what you said in OP.  Come off your high horse.  If  you have something meaningful to say, say it.  The video made no sense.

The video had nothing to do with this thread. It was in my signature, and had been there for months.

My 10% of the first month is pretty fair, because it will be your least-profitable month and I'm also increasing competition for myself. The only reason I'm doing this is because I have debt that needs to be addressed asap.

LOL wow... my signature privileges have been revoked entirely all because someone mistook it as part of my post, and a mod decided to overreact. I thought vandwellers were supposed to be open-minded.

I have a business also, but absolutely refuse to push it on the members here.  If someone wants what I am selling I help them figure out what is needed, and if they want my brand, Bob had a store here they can shop through.  He makes a little, but for the information I have gained~~~ Well worth it to me.  I would much rather someone is happy with what they are needing than to force a product on them they really do not want. 

Personally I will not risk my accounts on any online business that has not been vetted. It is way to easy to get hacked. 

I also will not spam anyone. 

Some might like the business model you are advocating, but it is not for me.

Sometime back it was decided that videos should not be posted without an explanation. Many members have limited data and clicking on random links, especially video links, wastes their limited data.

More than one member thought that "great science" was not an adequate description.

You were informed of this, in a PM, on 8/20/15.

"Please take notice of the most recent forum announcement.
https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-Posts-with-only-Video-Links-not-allowed?pid=149009#pid149009

A description of your video is required."

The fact that it was not noticed until recently is not relevant.

GotSmart said:
I have a business also, but absolutely refuse to push it on the members here.  If someone wants what I am selling I help them figure out what is needed, and if they want my brand, Bob had a store here they can shop through.  He makes a little, but for the information I have gained~~~ Well worth it to me.  I would much rather someone is happy with what they are needing than to force a product on them they really do not want. 

Personally I will not risk my accounts on any online business that has not been vetted. It is way to easy to get hacked. 

I also will not spam anyone. 

Some might like the business model you are advocating, but it is not for me.

I haven't revealed how the business model operates, so I'm not sure how you're drawing these conclusions. There's no "forcing" products on people. The sites used are well-established and anyone interested will be able to judge them for themselves before deciding whether or not to go foward.

cyndi said:
Sometime back it was decided that videos should not be posted without an explanation. Many members have limited data and clicking on random links, especially video links, wastes their limited data.

More than one member thought that "great  science" was not an adequate description.

You were informed of this, in a PM, on 8/20/15.

"Please take notice of the most recent forum announcement.
https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-Posts-with-only-Video-Links-not-allowed?pid=149009#pid149009

A description of your video is required."

The fact that it was not noticed until recently is not relevant.

"A description of your video is required.

And personally, I'd like to know the purpose of the survey without having to click on a link. I'm sure many other forum members would agree."

This was in response to a thread I had posted, with a survey in order to gauge what people thought about the video. I immediately added a description. It was not in reference to my sig, which has stood for months, and which had been edited by a mod long ago to include "Video" so people were aware that it was a video and could choose not to click it. It was in my sig and there was nothing prompting people to click it.

All I'm seeing here is subtle dishonesty in an attempt to justify your draconian response.

A description of the video (any video posted) is required.

K1ngN0thing said:
I haven't revealed how the business model operates, so I'm not sure how you're drawing these conclusions. There's no "forcing" products on people. The sites used are well-established and anyone interested will be able to judge them for themselves before deciding whether or not to go foward.

This is my last reply, as I feel I am wasting my time.  The business model in a nutshell as you posted

I'm making around $500/mo drop-shipping products from China.

Drop shipping is selling things you do not have.

While I do have my own web-shop, most of my sales are on a third-party platform with millions of users.

Using a sales site such as Amazon or Ebay.

I'm willing to help anyone who's interested get set up doing the same in exchange for 10% of your earnings for the first 30 days, which you can pay once the 30 days have elapsed.

I will show you how to contact wholesalers of stuff, and set up the ad.

You'll need a Paypal account to receive customer payments and a debit or credit card to order the products.

You need to put your information out there so you will be liable in case someone is not happy.  PayPal will hit your accounts at the drop of a hat.

There's no monetary investment or marketing required. If you can copy and paste, you can do this.

That is a fallacy, as it is pure marketing, and all it takes is one complaint to PP about the quality of the product, and BOOM there is a hold on the PP account as well as your main bank account hit for the cost of the product that you have paid for, and are now being charged for. The money goes back to the customer, who has the product as well.  

I have a eBay and PP account, so I know the routine, the tricks that buyers pull, and how PayPal operates.   I only sell items I have on hand or know for a certainty are in a warehouse.  I have a 100% rating, and have had since 2007.

cyndi said:
A description of the video (any video posted) is required.

That rule is obviously referring to threads, not sigs. Even so, I was not warned for my sig as the warning you cited was referring to a thread. Again, a mod had already edited my sig to make it clear that it is a video.

GotSmart said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]While I do have my own web-shop, most of my sales are on a third-party platform with millions of users. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Using a sales site such as Amazon or Ebay.[/font]

Correct, though I don't use either of those because the suppliers sell there directly.

GotSmart said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I'm willing to help anyone who's interested get set up doing the same in exchange for 10% of your earnings for the first 30 days, which you can pay once the 30 days have elapsed. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I will show you how to contact wholesalers of stuff, and set up the ad. [/font]
I've been doing this for more than 10 months and know the optimal route, but more than anything I have a platform that I'm fairly certain nobody here is aware of, and is one that the suppliers will never directly sell on because it's not an e-commerce giant, not is it geared toward their business model.

GotSmart said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]You'll need a Paypal account to receive customer payments and a debit or credit card to order the products. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]You need to put your information out there so you will be liable in case someone is not happy.  PayPal will hit your accounts at the drop of a hat. [/font]
Of my 1k+ sales I've had less than 20 paypal disputes. It's easy to simply refund and move on, and the sale volume allows for this. You're also able to get your money back from the supplier as it's held in escrow until the item is marked as received or the purchase protection runs out. Even after this period, it's relatively easy as they will generally bend over backwards to avoid negative feedback.

GotSmart said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]There's no monetary investment or marketing required. If you can copy and paste, you can do this.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]That is a fallacy, as it is pure marketing, and all it takes is one complaint to PP about the quality of the product, and BOOM there is a hold on the PP account as well as your main bank account hit for the cost of the product that you have paid for, and are now being charged for. The money goes back to the customer, who has the product as well.  [/font]
There's no marketing. All you need to do is list the item and customers will find your products on their own. I've not spent a single second marketing these products(not including my independent shop, which I was only able to start because of my success on the third party platform).

Again, of my 1k+ sales I've had very few issues with quality (most of the less than 20 disputes were of deliveries never showing up). By only selecting products with a lot of feedback from established suppliers, there is very little risk, and the photos are accurate 99% of the time, and if they aren't, you'll know by the feedback. I've ordered enough of these products myself to verify this.

GotSmart said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I have a eBay and PP account, so I know the routine, the tricks that buyers pull, and how PayPal operates.   I only sell items I have on hand or know for a certainty are in a warehouse.  I have a 100% rating, and have had since 2007.  [/font]

That's fine, but it isn't the only way to do things, and isn't an option for someone who doesn't have the funds to import items up front, and is also riskier as there's no guaranteed return on investment. Drop-shipping lets you figure out which products are successful and is a good first step, with bulk importing being a good long-term goal as that's where the big bucks are at. It's something I aim to do with GeekNGamerGear if my revenue ever allows for it.

K1ngN0thing said:
That rule is obviously referring to threads, not sigs. Even so, I was not warned for my sig as the warning you cited was referring to a thread. Again, a mod had already edited my sig to make it clear that it is a video.

From the link, posted above, regarding links posted on the forum

"So when you post helpful information to the group all we are asking is that you include every member by posting some pictures and text to go along with the video link. We think that's reasonable and hope you think so too. Either way, it's the rule ..."

Nowhere does Bob say thread or signature.
That's it. End of discussion.

$6.99

Dead Simple Drop Shipping

This step-by-step guide will get you started making money online. You can expect anywhere from $50-100 profit in your first month alone.

https://payhip.com/b/7maU

post edited to include description of the link