Door seals

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I received the door seals that I ordered from Car Id. I was told by the person I talked to that they were the kind with adhesive back but they would fit. I put the 1st set on & the doors would hardly shut! I figured "At least they shut." But I did not install the other set because I wanted to see if any rain got in. We had a nice rain storm that night & I checked to see how they held up & there was more water inside than when I didn't have door seals on the doors! So I'm getting a refund but of coarse only for the ones I didn't open & I have to pay for my own shipping! I am NOT a happy girl! So back on my search but I was determined to get the ones that have the pins that go into the holes like the factory ones not peel & stick. Well, I have been using Partsfinder.com & found Jegs & called to see if they had the seals I needed(right side of each of the side & rear cargo doors) & BINGO! They have them! I spoke to a guy that said they would work. I only need the right side door seals because the left side door seals were in fair shape so when I treated them with Simple Green they perked back up. Anyways, when I get my next set of door seals I'll let you know how they work. Wish me luck!

the simple green works good doesn't it. I do mine every so often just to keep them in tip top shape. highdesertranger