Door seals

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twebster

Reaction score
It need to replace the seals on both my side doors & rear doors on my 1977 Dodge Tradesman because they are trashed & the rain gets inside. Does anyone know of the best place to purchase the seals & I need a good video that shows me how to do it myself. Thank you!

Twebster said:
It need to replace the seals on both my side doors & rear doors on my 1977 Dodge Tradesman because they are trashed & the rain gets inside. Does anyone know of the best place to purchase the seals & I need a good video that shows me how to do it myself. Thank you!

Is this what you need? I realize these are for front doors but could it be cut to fit?They also show a side door seal.  

https://www.1aauto.com/1974-97-dodg...1krgU6cYNFD_-MgWrCwfkcWmdtK9jKsRoCqL0QAvD_BwE

Rock auto has the right and left front door rubbers. I havn't found any for my rear doors. 1987 B-body van.

I have searched the internet & made phone calls even talked to a Mopar rep & found out they don't make them for the side & rear doors.? I guess I will order them for the passenger doors & "jerry rig" them to fit!

You have right front drivers side, left front passenger side, and the two 'barn door' passenger side cargo doors. The link is for the one rear most side cargo door. Here is the link for both passenger side cargo doors. https://www.1aauto.com/side-cargo-door-seal-pair/i/1awsk00383?f=900654&y=1977
You can look up the other doors if you need them. Same site. I still haven't found rear cargo door seals.

When determining right and left on a vehicle imagine yourself sitting in a seat facing the front of the vehicle.

Weight said:
You have right front drivers side, left front passenger side, and the two 'barn door' passenger side cargo doors. The link is for the one rear most side cargo door. Here is the link for both passenger side cargo doors. https://www.1aauto.com/side-cargo-door-seal-pair/i/1awsk00383?f=900654&y=1977
You can look up the other doors if you need them. Same site. I still haven't found rear cargo door seals.

Do you think if I got 2 sets of these I could use one set on the on the rear cargo doors?

Measure the doors and see!

Depending on the make, model and year, the gaskets may come really close or may not.

Have you checked to make sure that the doors are properly adjusted before you start replacing the seals.

It's an 87 so the rubber may indeed be compromised but chances are the doors aren't adjusted properly either.

Almost There said:
Measure the doors and see!

Depending on the make, model and year, the gaskets may come really close or may not.

Have you checked to make sure that the doors are properly adjusted before you start replacing the seals.

It's an 87 so the rubber may indeed be compromised but chances are the doors aren't adjusted properly either.

Its a 77 & the seals are totally cracked & gone in places. My passenger doors need an adjustment for sure!

I called to talk to all the links you all sent me but nobody has them for a 1977!! I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to just buy the after markets ones & make those work!

Alright, I've ordered 4 door seals that are 156" long that I'm going to do my best to make them work! I paid $150 & that includes shipping! Ill keep you posted on how they work out! Wish me luck!

Not sure if you have considered it, but there are a few places selling "D" shaped 3M adhesive backed door seal material in a variety of widths/thicknesses and lengths on Amazon and EBay.
You would look at your particular door seal situation and figure out the dimension and location you would need.
I have seen this used for soundproofing vehicles to eliminate windnoise from poor gasket seals, and know of one person who made door seals for a kit car where no parts were available.
It might even be a cheaper solution.

You might have to get creative on where to place it, for example stock seal is on door, but there is no place for the peel N stick seal to attach on the door so you may have to attach to body in corresponding location.

Dodges have holes for the pins on the weather seal.