Dometic Prices.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bLEEp

Reaction score
I bought our CFX 40 for $600 shopped.  I am shopping for a smaller CFX to use as a freezer.  Everything I find is at least 30% more expensive than one year ago?  A man I looking in all the wrong places or did Dometic drastically raise prices?
Thank you for any ideas.
Peace, love, and all that hippy shit,
bLEEp

The cost of everything made with metal and electronics went up this last year.

I don't know if the portable Dometic CFX units are one of their products that is made in the USA. They are a company from Sweden but they do have factory facilities in Indiana where they make some of their products that are put into the RVs made in that area.

However Dometic does have 20 other factories around the world. So the pricing might have taken a big jump from the recent tariffs if those portable units were made outside of the USA. Remember they are not putting portable fridge freezers into the RVs so it is likely they might make them elsewhere. They are made to run on both 110 and 240. Meaning they are selling those very same units in Europe and Australia as well as the USA.

This just made me realize that my cook top/furnace is from Sweden and so is my refrigerator. They are not made by the same company :)

Latest posts