Doin' the slow mosey

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsyjoe#1

Reaction score
Well left my little home town of Fife Lake, Michigan at 11:30 this morning headed for Quartzsite did 361 miles and am in the small town of Portland Indiana spending the night. Pick up a passenger that I found on craigslist that will be riding as far as Abilene Texas with me. It's down right cold here in Portland Indiana. I was really amazed, got 11 mpg on this leg of the trip today not bad considering this class A weighs 19,000 lbs empty. Only plan on doing three or three fifty miles a day on the trip out so its going to take a while getting there, hopefully will arrive shortly before Christmas.

Sounds like plenty odf driving time in one day to me. You will appreciate the warm sun all the more for having to deal with the cold days on the way south.

Sorry to say the trip is over before it started, been in the hospital since 10am a semi felt he needed my lane more than I did. My class A is smaller than a class B. Won't be seeing Quartzsite this year. Not hurt too badly few broken bones but nothing that won't mend. Had planned on staying in YARC camp so will miss meeting you folks.

Oh hells bells!!! Hope you are ok! Do you have insurance? Might want to get a lawyer!

Just PL/PD as the motorhome was 25 years old. I won't be alive long enough to sue as Docs only give me a couple more months to live. It was such a beautiful motorhome only had 68k on her and was like brand new inside and out. Only paid $4000 for her!!!! Never find such a deal again especially in such a short time to live.

So sorry to hear of your accident. Prayers for your recovery & healing  -crofter

Oh Joe. That is awful. So awful. I’m so sorry.

Man, that sucks for you, and your Texas passenger hope you both are OK. Where did this happen, and was the truck cited ?

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Well just wanted to tell everyone I am healing well and have bought a new motorhome, kind of amazing found one exactly like the old one. This one needs a little work though. Needs a new fan clutch and a couple of cabinets need new drawers built as it is missing several also needs the drivers side headlight assembly replaced, anybody know where to find one? I have the old one, but the mountings are broke as the previous owner hit a deer with it, its made of plastic so not sure if it can be repaired that is why I am looking for one. Other than that everything works. Got a great deal on it, $4000. My brother-in-law says he will change the fan clutch for $300 parts included and he's a diesel mechanic for a living. Not so sure about the drawers as I am not a wood worker and I don't know anyone who is. Well thanks to getting this motorhome I should be back on the road by spring!!!! By the way the blue book on this terrific find is $10,000 wow.[/font]

Would it be less expensive and time consuming to just install an electric radiator fan kit similar to this one below,  after removing the fan blade from the old clutch.   These cycle on and off as needed so they don't run all of the time.  Most of the newer vehicles use this system now days.

I've replaced fan clutches on numerous cars.  There are theromstatically controlled and constant speed.
The constant speed are less trouble but there is a little more noise associated with them.

For used parts, Visone RV Parts com  606 843 9889 in Kentucky.

Electric Radiator Fan
https://www.ebay.com/i/253110386902...ozLZwaq84xgCmNN7-evJIMr-Up0dYUOBoCIqkQAvD_BwE
https://www.ebay.com/i/253110386902...ozLZwaq84xgCmNN7-evJIMr-Up0dYUOBoCIqkQAvD_BwE