Does anybody have a picture of a high-top Vandura or G20 without side skirts?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizzarro

Reaction score
I've been deciding whether to remove the running bars and skirts off my Vandura. Particularly because I plan to outfit it with a 2" lift and some bulkier tires. I want to know what it'd look like before I actually go through the effort of taking them off. I'm particularly interested in ones that haven't been fitted with 4wd. I just don't know what words to type into google to get them.

Lizzarro said:
I've been deciding whether to remove the running bars and skirts off my Vandura. Particularly because I plan to outfit it with a 2" lift and some bulkier tires. I want to know what it'd look like before I actually go through the effort of taking them off. I'm particularly interested in ones that haven't been fitted with 4wd. I just don't know what words to type into google to get them.

Hi... I was on you tube a while back and somehow ended up on various Van sites....there were a couple of  "van shows"  you might try those and recognize your van.......also on a "hopper" channel you know the vehicles with hydraulic /motors that make the vehicles bounce?? some of the competitions might have a van like yours.... good luck in your hunt..........................................................TJB

Lizzarro said:

How about this?

I couldn't find exactly what I was hoping for so I found out the old fashioned way. 

Before

ibBw0NG.jpg

After:

8f6Rkg1.jpg

dcUEUoP.jpg

They actually came off ridiculously easy. One was so broken it barely was staying on. I'm happy with them off.

I like it, but then I usually travel the rougher roads of life. Even my first car, a 1972 Pinto was no street queen.

removing the running boards, ok.
larger tires, ok.
lift kit, don't do it.
lifting an independent suspension vehicle is not a good idea. in the end you are scarifying any reliability for headaches. highdesertranger

iplayguitarintheshower said:
damn im gonna do this to mine

That is the first thing I would do is take those skirts off  .

Sure looks great and streamlined .

Don

Not a GMC, but here is mine. I removed the running boards for the same reason (cracked) I've welded the screw holes, fixed the dents under the ground effects. The back doors were caved in, if you look hard the ladder is still bent, then I painted up to the stripes. Should be finished with the left side this week

Bob

Attachments

• SDC11291.JPG
    SDC11291.JPG
    889.6 KB · Views: 9
  • SDC11292.JPG
    SDC11292.JPG
    871.1 KB · Views: 10
I'd like to take mine off cuz the passenger side is covered in car paint and some sort of clear... epoxy, maybe? The driver's side looks great, though and I am so short legged that I need it to get into the van easier. Wonder if anyone would notice if I had one on and one off? I mean, how well could anyone really see both sides of the van at once, right?  :p

Attachments

• P1000116.JPG
    P1000116.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 13