Do NOT use VanSpace 3D

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giggles

Reaction score
Well, I tell you one thing....don't ever use VanSpace3D. I paid them 20 bucks for van online 3d van design, and it didn't work...I couldn't open it with the password they sent me. I e-mailed them, asking them fo a refund (because I couldn't open the program on my computer, and also because once I saw their tutorials, I realized that it was way more complicated than I could manage), and they refuse to give me my money back. They basically called me a liar, saying they were able to open it, so I should be able to open it. I tried the password 6 times, and it still didn't work.

If you paid with a credit card or PayPal I would call and dispute the charge.

I hope you get your money back. And I’m sure you’re not giggling about that.

I took a look at their turorial. It is of course not the same as a hands on try but overall it seems ok for doing a basic layout using their stock cabinets in their libray set of components.

If you have never before worked in a 3D CAD program it will seem to be too complex. If you have some 3D Cad experience you would find that it is quick to learn the controls. But trying to learn everything from that video tutotial on you tube could feel overwhelming to an inexperiennced person who has never done any CAD before. You have to take it one step at a time with practicing dropping in objects and moving them around.

As to not being able to open it with the password maybe you had your capslock on?

I am an experienced 3D CAD user and haved worked in a number of the high end prpgrams. But of course have no direct experience with this particular one as I already own software to do custom design in. Bit their move and place and resize controls are not overly complex for doing XYZ location with drag and drop components

It’s only my opinion but I just can’t see these fancy CAD tools for a 12 x 6‘ space. I don’t know how many pieces of paper I’ve used to draw it out. But I use the graph paper with a quarter inch wide spacing. Then I decided what I needed in it and the approximate size of each and cut them out of the same type of paper but colored them so that I could see them on top of the master sheet and move them around till I found what Would work. This works for the floor plan as well as the walls on a separate sheet. It doesn’t have to be hard, Complicated, or expensive. Unless you want one of those fancy “#VanLife” Professional looking builds maybe you do need CAD. The only reason I would want one of those “#vanlife” Rigs is they all seem to come with a good looking young woman in a bikini. Ha ha just what I need.

I bought it too, a while ago, and even though I was able to open it after a few back and forth emails, it didn't work for me.
It is very volatile and bug-y, gets frozen and overall useless
I wasted my 20 bucks.