Do I need a car.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had little fear when I started driving mine. I had little experience with 1 and 2 ton trucks. My first motor home was a class C. It was no trouble at all to step up to a class A. I was able to relax immediately. I have seen a few times the motor home had to draw up a few inches narrower to get through traffic and construction it seemed.
I agree with Westriver. I always tow a vehicle. There has been only a very few times I didn't use the tow.

We absolutely need a car. Our pig ... uh, I mean rig...gets 8 mpg on it's best day. It cost us $1000 for one month's gas last summer. That was bad enough while we were working, a deal breaker now that we are retired and want to go fulltime. We took a 250cc scooter (60mpg) with us on a rack, but the weather made that impractical, even in June. Call me a hedonist if you want, but I don't like being cold and wet. Now that we are retired and can go at our own speed, we will drive to a centralized area, park the RV, and do our sightseeing and errands in the dry, heated car.