• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Do compressor fridges ever go on sale? (Amazon Prime Day)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntiGroundhogDay

Reaction score
I was hoping I'd see some sales, but I'm not finding any.  Do sales every occur on brands like Engel and Dometic by chance?

Engel just had a sale a month or 2 ago, I posted it on the forum. a couple of years ago they had a super sale most of their refers were 1/2 off I also posted that sale here. so to answer your question yes they do go on sale. highdesertranger

Amazon targets regular customers methinks with occasional Hot Deals. I got an Alpicool C20 for $40 off. It's low-end and basic but it's been doing the job now for 3 mos.

Tam that's the regular price the sale is over. if I remember correctly the sale was 200 bucks off the price for that model. I actually have 3 of those exact refrigerators I paid full price for 2 of them and bought the 3 lightly used for 300 bucks. check craigs list for used ones. BTW excellent fridge. highdesertranger

If you are shopping for used fridges don't forget that for a while some of the Engel models that were being sold in the USA were labeled as Norcolds. I have one of them I got used from a neighbor, it is sweet, was rarely used since it was on a boat. I could never have afforded that model when it was new!

Here is a link to a chart showing which models of Norcolds were actually Engels.
https://www.engelcoolers.com/norcold