DIY murphy bed

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camping bum

Reaction score
View attachment 22822  Testing out a diy murphy bed
twin size bed using boat seat swivel bolted to bed rail & frame

thinking on using chain to ceiling in stood of legs giving me room on floor for air mattress
  any tip for improvement ?

if you have that facebook page set to friends only,which appears to be the situation, then it can't be seen by the general public such as members of this forum who belong to facebook but have not yet friended you. That type of facebook posting will severely limit the number of tips for improvement you are going to get.

Instead of linking to your facebook page just attach the photo to a posting in this forum.

highdesertranger said:
yep many of us don't do the facey thingy.  highdesertranger

I do the Facebook thingy and I can't see it either. 

OK, saw the YouTube. I have a murphy bed in my bus, and yours seems a lot easier to use than mine, which is vertical instead of horizontal. I wish I'd done the boat swivel thing but it's too late now because of the way mine is designed. I don't have any problems opening it but I have some trouble putting it back up. Yours seems very easy to operate. 

As far as design suggestions, it's hard to give any without knowing what else you need space for. There are things you could do with the underside when it's closed, but you probably already have a plan for that. If you're planning to put an airbed underneath, is that just a spare or is someone going to have to sleep there nightly? I ask because it looks like it would be a pretty claustrophobic cramped space.