Denver new laws against over-nighting stealth

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, having to forbid defecating and urinating in public or lying/sitting down in a public right away, just those two things alone, tell me that they have a serious problem that needs to be addressed. They have been having problems with homeless. I read they had jobs there, people move there and that the housing, buying or renting, was not affordable. One in three were moving there because pot was legalized.

1 in 3 moved there for weed? Where did you get that information? Sounds like bs, were there homeless issues before weed was legalized? If so, then maybe they are just finding convenient scapegoats and the rest of us are to dumb to do any critical thinking and see that we are being played against each other. Who bright idea was it to make a weed illegal? And who are these silly muskrats thinking that's a great idea and one that can easily be enforced? Getting offtrack, anyways, what's your source of information on this? Thnx!

I want to see a show of hands, who actually read the article and the links in the article?

what it says is the penalty for these laws were REDUCED. they are NOT new laws, they REDOUCED the penalties for a number of laws that are associated with homelessness. so calm down and read before you start making statements. also there was NOTHING said about living in vehicles. highdesertranger

Raises hand halfway. I read the article, but not its links because the article was enough to give me the impression of, "Nothing to see here. Move along."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

HDR I read it after you guilted me into going back [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Colorado pepole who use pot cannot get or hold a job. This causes crime.
The cost of rent houses has increased. In all Colorado cities, places that was safe.
May not be safe now. Getting to be a problem. Find good advice when going to Colorado.

Dang James. I bet most of the people working in Colorado are toking at least on the weekends. They are working.

Besides, I can't see crime being linked to pot. What are they going to do? Ravage your bag of potato chips? Scary!!!!

James AKA Lynx said:
...In Colorado pepole who use pot cannot get or hold a job. This causes crime...

In Colorado, people don't use pot, pot uses people! AMIRITE?!?

Weird that at one time, pot was legal tender here in the US to pay taxes with.

I know people in Colorado who smoke weed and have jobs. Heck, even though I dont live in Colorado, I have a medical card in Michigan and honestly, with the chronic pain I have, I dont think I would be able to keep my job if I didnt smoke a little. The trick is to just smoke a *little* during the week. There are lots of prominent stoners who managed to keep really demanding jobs too...Carl Sagan comes to mind 

However, I am sure therehas been some self selection going on. If someone is a lazy stoner, they probably would be more likely to go to Colorado over a state where it is illegal

slynne said:
...If someone is a lazy stoner...

I may or may not be or have been a lazy stoner, but in my defense, I made up the productivity loss with my foray into meth...So...there's that.

I'll simply repeat what I said before: MANY cities have ordinances against overnighting. These are usually aimed at homeless people who the authorities don't want around, and gives them an excuse to roust out. Whether the ordinance affects van-campers (such as Walmart-parkers) depends entirely on who enforces the ordinance and how they enforce it against who.

I have spent many a night at a Walmart in towns with laws against overnighting. Didn't have any problem. I am inconspicuous, I make no noise, I cause no trouble, I make no mess, I attract no attention, and I remain unnoticed and overlooked. The Walmart likely doesn't even know I'm there, and if they don't enforce the ordinance anyway, doesn't care.

The link in the OP refers to REDUCING the penalties for the listed, already illegal, offences. Does anyone actually read before reacting?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Wabbit said:
If you read this whole thread, you would know HDR already got indignant about about this very thing. Better luck next time! Abit of advice for next time, try to remember to be positive and say constructive shit. And yes, I did read the article and saw the mistake in the post. However, I LET IT GO!!!! :cool:
Wait, did you really just do that? That thing above?

Yo. More than one person can express the same opinion at the same time.

Also, telling a lady to "smile" in not so many words? [emoji36]

I have occasional brain farts where I behave online in ways that don't represent my character, as we all do from time to time. I am sorry you had one right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

you guys would be hilarious in a game of telephone: caller1: they passed an ordanance about leaving chrismas lights up after feb 1st,,,caller10: WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT SMOKE WEED

caretaker said:
you guys would be hilarious in a game of telephone: caller1: they passed an ordanance about leaving chrismas lights up after feb 1st,,,caller10: WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT SMOKE WEED

I've got to admit I jumped to a conclusion after reading the opening sentence.

Mike Yukon said:
Stealth camping and even at Wal-Mart may now get you jail time. 

doesnt denver still ban certain breeds of dogs? yeah screw denver.