Delayed Retirement Calculation - Social Security

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oldest person to section hike the AT, was Mike ‘Cimarron’ Caetano, who completed the full trail over two years, finishing at the age of 84.
Lee “The Easy One” Barry. Barry is both the oldest male and oldest overall having thru-hiked the AT in 2004 at the age of 81.

vanman2300 said:
ArtW, I think Medicare is available once you turn 65. They are separate from SS. That will leave you 3 years to pay instead of 5. If you check to see if you can get Obamacare that can be a very affordable insurance as long as you're reportable income is low. I know there is a lot of negative feedback on Obamacare but look into it yourself because you can't trust the opinions of any politician or media sources all of whom have their spin. I want to my state's website for Obamacare where there was a questionnaire to fill out and they give you your choices of coverage and how much it costs. I tried several times using different income levels and found that if you make less than 18,000/year the cost was between zero and 100 dollars/month if you stayed with the bronze plans.It may have increased since I did that but still much more affordable.

One thing that might help some others to know is I had a client once who was on Medicaid but there were no dentists willing to take him as a patient because they would have to bill at a lesser rate. He called the state agency for Obamacare and for forty bucks a month he got dental insurance through Blue Cross ... suddenly all the dentists didn't seem to have a problem taking him as a patient. Sosome can pick individual items cafeteria style.

When I plugged my retirement income (at 62) into ACA,  it was determined that I qualify for Medicaid until my Medicare kicks in.  I plan on going to Los Algodones for dental.  I'll check out some dental coverage but only if it will pay for work done in Los Algodones.

Latest posts