Curious about Bob's caravans

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieDreamer

Reaction score
As I said I am curious about the caravans. Has anybody joined one of the caravans and care to share a bit what it was like.

Might want to put this in the Caravan posts.
I was in the caravans before the RTR last Jan. I found it can be what you want it to be. I'm more introverted so I did my thing during the day and met up at the campfire at night.
Others went on outings, there began to be a 9am meeting to see what others were up to that day. Sometimes folks would collect trash for their town run.
I haven't joined up with one this spring or summer, so I don't know how the hosts are handling things.
Check in at https://www.meetup.com/caravans/

Thanks. I followed Randy Vining's blog and Adventure Van Man's vlog about their experiences with the caravans, and Some of the Vlogs that Bob did. But that is about all I have heard about them.

It doesn't hurt to meet people, usually. A caravan could provide a sense of safety in numbers, especially for the newly nomadic among us. I haven't been in one yet but it is on my mental bucket list.

i was hoping for a bit more information.....like how, when, etc...,

Thanks,

WB

The caravans post where they are so the when is taken care of. The how? Show up and introduce yourself to someone. You are camping on your own so bring what you need. This is not difficult.

B and C said:
The caravans post where they are so the when is taken care of.  The how?  Show up and introduce yourself to someone.  You are camping on your own so bring what you need.  This is not difficult.

It is difficult......it's HUGE, HUGE, HUGE....lol.....

Question 9: What are the current camping locations for the Caravan Groups?
Answer 9: The following link will take you to the Meetup page for each Caravan during the Second Quarter 2019, April-June — http://www.meetup.com/caravans/events

along the line up top.....see Gatherings

click that. I just got this info from the caravan link.

hope this helps or is what you are kinda wanting :) I tried LOL