CPAP on the Road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyVet88

Reaction score
Just want to know how all you sleep apnea sufferers have their CPAP setup. What type of CPAP? Experiences?

Welcome ArmyVet to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. thank you for your service. highdesertranger

Best would be an energy efficient one with a factory 12V option.

Search for 'cpap' and you'll find lots of discussion on this topic.  Power draws are much less than the label rating if you don't use the humidifier, also the variable nature of the fan.  My Phillips has a 12v cable accessory.  The newer 'solar generators' might well work for you as an all-in-one solution.  I believe you can just plug a 50-100 watt panel into one of these.

Here's one:

https://www.amazon.com/imuto-50000mAh-Generator-Rechargeable-Smartphone/dp/B06XBPQKTR

The Suaoki is just a bit more expensive, with a 120v inverter.  12v is preferred for conversion efficiencies.

I can tell this place is going to be a great place to get me going on the road. You guys are awesome and thank you for the info.

I power mine with solar. Best thing to do if you are worried about consumption is measure it -- as mentioned, it will vary depending on humidity and pressure. It's been a very long time since I measured mine, but as I recall it was actually much lower than the wattage listed in the manual.