Cool little step van in Central California

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milk Hauler

Reaction score
ice cream truck

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/5021065805.html

I have a nice and clean ice cream car is $4999 or best offer, running great very clean and ready for business a/c seat, floor, and ceiling are new and also has a generator. pass smoke clean title pislip on hands for more info please contact me at 559 [...]

Did you notice the room AC mounted so it vents under the hood?

00Z0Z_23PjPjFmp1F_600x450.jpg

Yeah I noticed the ac right off the bat. I wish I had the extra $$, cause I'd be all over that. For being that old, its in mint condition. Some reflectix, inso, and you have a cool lil house.

I wouldn't have the heart to boondock with that. Its a survivor. [emoji41]

I found these dimensions on line but do not know if they are accurate, look about right.  
1984 am general model fj-8c
[font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]Inside dimensions: 64" wide; 45" between back wheel wells; 7 1/2' from motor housing to back door. 5' 3" from floor to ceiling. [/font]
[font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]Not a lot of room to work with.[/font]

Looks suspiciously like a mail carrier truck. ;-)

Many years ago I met a van dwelling ice cream truck driver in LA, who lived in his ice cream truck and sold ice cream during the day. That always kind of intrigued me.

Off Grid 24/7 said:
Many years ago I met a van dwelling ice cream truck driver in LA, who lived in his ice cream truck and sold ice cream during the day.
Talk about a built in business.

I couldn't live in an ice cream trk. I'd get get diabetes or be found dead on top of big pile of candy and ice cream wrappers. [emoji53]

I think that's an AM General. like a postal truck. like VJG said. one thing to keep in mind ice cream trucks were never meant to drive at highway speeds. highdesertranger