Considering used solar from CL

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I myself would not buy them. if the glass is cracked they probably are not water tight anymore. a couple good rain storms and that would be it. besides he said the output is 80% but the way he wants you to check is a no-load situation. I wonder what the output is under a load. highdesertranger

No. I would not buy it. This lifestyle is tough on equipment, something already cracked isn’t going to last long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not.

If everything checked out as **perfect** I'd only pay 20-30% of new price.

i would stay away from them unless you are really up on how to test output as a volt meter will not tell you what you need to know. it is very possible these are still putting out reasonable power. but with cracked glass ( looks more like shattered) they are going to degrade quick and may even fail. also consider that the manufacturers warranty will not apply so when they do go south youre done. no recourse.

used panels in the 50 cent a watt range are a good deal if in good condition. less than that is a steal

Every panel I have bought has been off craigslist but I would not touch a cracked panel even if it was free.

Thank you everyone. Not knowing anything about panels I thought it would NOT be a good idea but I wanted to check with people in the know. THANK YOU