COLEMAN PowerChill 40 Quart Electric Travel Cooler

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kisatchieman

Reaction score
These suck. Don't waste your time. I'm a trucker and used to keep one in the truck. They don't last very long, the most I ever got out of one is 6 months.

The insulation is not a limiting factor, its the size of the fans and peltier cooler. I put a 120mm computer cooling fan in one once after the fan burned out. Worked great for a month, then the peltier shorted out lol

I kept milk in mine.....

adamlee said:
These suck. Don't waste your time. I'm a trucker and used to keep one in the truck. They don't last very long, the most I ever got out of one is 6 months.<BR><BR>The insulation is not a limiting factor, its the size of the fans and peltier cooler. I put a 120mm computer cooling fan in one once after the fan burned out. Worked great for a month, then the peltier shorted out lol<BR><BR>I kept milk in mine.....<BR><BR>
&nbsp; Thanks adamlee, I think you're right. After reading your comments I&nbsp;went back and read the reviews on this cooler and most agreed with you that they are junk.

<p>The answer is the 12/120 volt swing-compressor refrigerators such as Engel makes. Mine is 40 quart. Never a problem in years of use.</p>

I have a Dometic 25 qt, 12 volt, compressor fridge that I love. It only draws 3 amps/hour and will either work as a freezer or fridge. It was fairly expensive at $400 but I figure it paid for itself&nbsp; in savings on ice in a couple of years. Bob <br>