Christmas

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QinReno said:
I like Ehrenberg just fine, being a minimalist and ascetic myself. My comments were about "relative" rankings, especially for a gal like LV who clearly is used to the finer things in life. I mean anyone who mentions Sedona certainly likes the "in" places, 

The difference I saw between Ehrenberg & Sedona was the scenery & the balloons in the morning. I was with the same people in both places.

We're all different -shrug-

becida said:
The difference I saw between Ehrenberg & Sedona was the scenery & the balloons in the morning. 
That doesn't even begin to describe Sedona. 40 hotels, 3100 rooms, and 50 restaurants.
https://visitsedona.com/tours-travel-trade/destination-overview/
"Sedona, the Most Beautiful Place on Earth, is the stage for unlimited experiences for your clients. This is a destination where your customers can reconnect… as groups, as families, as couples, or with oneself".

I was with the same people in both places.
You were with the same people, probably a smallish group, but what about the 98% of others who came to Sedona? Probably not living in vans.

QinReno said:
That doesn't even begin to describe Sedona. 40 hotels, 3100 rooms, and 50 restaurants.

You were with the same people, probably a smallish group, but what about the 98% of others who came to Sedona? Probably not living in vans.

Yep, a tourist place with your 98%, I went down once to look around, nice art in the shops.

Other than that I went to a different Sedona than you did ...

jimindenver said:
We had a great Christmas last year in Ehrenberg. Over 40 people showed up for a pot luck

Hi there, we are first-year full timers headed to Ehrenberg over the holidays.  Last year we went to the RTR then to Ehrenberg but were a little uncertain about where fellow nomads were camped... will there actually be coordinates or some info about which road to take?  We would really like to get to know our fellow travelers and this seems like a great way to do it.  We totally loved the RTR!!
thanks,
BobKat (from Oregon)
living in our "rolling home"-- a 17 foot travel trailer...

I didn't get to to the area around Q until the end of February, but seems to me BW was indicating the location I mentioned in post #7. As mentioned in a video. About here: 33.591462, -114.485486

Maybe somebody knows for sure.