Chock it up to Experience

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcal

Reaction score
Just watched a brand new RV'er deal with a twisted and collapsed rear jack on his brand new trailer. His slides were out and the mud was deep on the collapsed side because it has rained hard every day for almost 3 weeks. Heck of a way to break in ones new trailer. 

He had not chocked his wheels. He finally got the trailer jacked up and leveled, but he still hasn't chocked his wheels. Slow learner.

Did you tell him to chock his wheels?

DH and one of the park people told him to chock his wheels. We have an rv dealer right across the street. I don't know why he has not done it.

Has to learn everything the hard way , been there , seen that !

He has chocks! I think a neighbor finally convinced him. He still hasn't gotten his trailer really level, but at least every man in the campground is not going to be drafted into helping drag him out of the ditch if he rolls off the high spot he is parked on. I can see it, now, with all the guys dragging on ropes like the pyramid workers dragging building stones.

"... the park people told him to chock his wheels. We have an rv dealer right across the street. I don't know why he has not done it."

I think a friend of mine has come up with the answer to that question (in every variation possible): She said that many people seem to feel that if they didn't think of first, themselves, it isn't a good idea. Since she told me that, I've paid closer attention to people who do dumb things, and I think she may be right.

Also, many people think that the Laws of Physics don't apply to them.

TrainChaser said:
Also, many people think that the Laws of Physics don't apply to them.

But, Murphy's Law does.........

Latest posts