Chevy is giving the Express some serious power

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont get this myself. If you tow more then get a 5th wheel or goose neck . Put some weight over a dually. Then it deserves a lot of hp. If you do that it needs desiel. So all you can pull with this is a 30 ft bumper pull and that needs a dually Imo. The fuel for this we wouldnt want to buy. A good diesel will run off and hide from this van. I know I did it with a Cummins every day for a living. Those gas rigs chug a lug up steep inclines pulling campers while the Cummins is in the hammer lane . So it wont be faster.

TMooney said:
I dont get this myself. If you tow more then get a 5th wheel or goose neck . Put some weight over a dually. Then it deserves a lot of hp. If you do that it needs desiel. So all you can pull with this is a 30 ft  bumper pull and that needs a dually Imo. The fuel for this we wouldnt want to buy. A  good diesel will run off and hide from this van. I know I did it with a  Cummins every day for a living. Those  gas rigs chug a lug up steep inclines pulling campers while the Cummins is in the hammer lane . So it wont be faster.
That's why they are always wadded up on the side of the road towing way too fast Iif you are towing a big load there is no need to be running 65+ in the hammer lane.

It's just another battle in the horsepower wars. My Dodge's 318 V8 can't even spin its wheels on dirt, but who really needs to? It's not like you're going to be drag racing your house.

Dodge 318 would be plenty in that van and get 18 mpg. Why I say why power up a van . I dont get it . It's a boys toy is all I can figgure. When a one ton is pulling 20k behind it yes you need power but you do that with a dually with weight over the axle.

Latest posts