cheap lighting

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcnya

Reaction score
been using two of these for a little over a yr now.work great about every three days put it out in sun to charge.got at wal marts in garden section-$10.00 a piece.make sure ya get ones with on/off switch<br>

<span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);">Thanks bcnya - as I make up my lists I wondered if those would work indoors. &nbsp;I think they would be great for general lighting, but not sure about for a reading light (I read a LOT!)</span><div><span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);">Cool share!</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);">~SE</span></div>

the ones I got have three LCD and I read with one every night<br>

<font face="Arial">I buy $2. led (10 bulbs) that work on batteries. Last a long time. I have a couple of goose neck small table lamps that I velcro to the side walls for reading.</font>

Johnny, how did you velcro table lamps to your wall? You have the best ideas of anybody I know!&nbsp;

<font face="Arial">These are light weight cheap quality lamps. Eight inches high. They have AAA batteries in the base. I bought Velcro brand velcro at Home Depot. You can use any of these multiple bulb LED lights anywhere. They come in many different types. Some are strip lights about 8 inches wide. I just velcroed to the bottom of the stand and placed velcro to where ever if I wanted to move the light. I have a very simple set up for my Truck cap. Take a look at my thread "Simple Survival Expedition". Lots of ideas and cheap too. Everything works well. The lights are not shown in my thread. But I think you can figure it out.</font>

<P>Haven't tried velcro yet, but did make some galvanized sheet metal base plates and screwed them to the ceiling of my camper top and attached my led lights, with magnets on the back. Base plates can be bent to direct light where you need it. Can't leave&nbsp;the lights up when driving or they'll fall down due to the magnets not being very strong. The lights are easily removable for use as flashlights when the need arises.</P>