Charting a new course.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might wait to see what my rig looks like before wanting me to help with yours. I don't seem to do pretty very good. Worn and weathered I have down pat.

well, "worn and weathered" just means Stealth around here. But good point, I don't remember seeing pictures of your rig...are they posted around here?

touched on two topics i never understood

staying in an abusive relationship and being in the closet,i just dont get it

Glad you are making positive changes for a better future. We all get a short ride in this world and no one deserves anything less than enjoying it fully, yourself included. I've always enjoyed your posts, looking forward to many more. You know everyone's here for you in the meantime. Good Luck for a smooth transition!

Jim, whatever your rig or state, as you know, your friends here value you for the person you are, not what you drive or live in. And real friends value you for the person you are whatever your sexual orientation.

Getting out from under an abusive situation ...and being free to be out in nature even more...those things will not only bring you more happiness, they are sure to bring you improved health as well.

You are making MAJOR emotional and physical changes, so cut your own self some slack in not having done it sooner. I hope your decision to explain your situation allows you to "breathe easier" here on the forum in that you won't need to be cryptic about some of your decisions, etc.

My best wishes that all goes as smoothly as possible for you!

BradKW said:
well, "worn and weathered" just means Stealth around here. But good point, I don't remember seeing pictures of your rig...are they posted around here?

There are a few here and there in the forum, I have more on photo bucket but it's hard to load. Only parts of the systems since I've run them portable. It was so hard not lifting those panels to the morning sun last year. Pure greed of course, the bank had barely burned of the charging voltage from the day before.

Some in here.

http://solarboondocker.blogspot.com/

Bob Dickerson said:
Best of luck to you.If you are ever in North Arkansas,me and Vic would love a visit.

I appreciate the offer and may just take you up on it cus Jimmy's going everywhere. :)

Gary68 said:
touched on two topics i never understood

staying in an abusive relationship and being in the closet,i just dont get it

Until Grant said abuse, I just never saw it like that. Look back from that point of view and OMG. Even so I have been looking for the way out for years and as soon as I saw it, I drove for it. Had I known I could have the day gay marriage became legal, I would have done it then. It's not like I haven't tried numerous times before, I just wasn't willing to pack a duffle and walk away from it all. I wanted a equitable way and I finally found it.

I haven't been in the closet since I excepted it at 18. Then again I don't walk into a plumbing supply, order a part and say by the way I'm gay. Other than that many have good reasons as this is a harsh world at times with people just looking for a reason to lash out. Not everyone is a small giant or has one as a boyfriend, it has afforded me a luxury most don't have.

ERLH, WriterMs, Thank you.

I just wasn't worried about coming out because I have seen not only the response to others here but a general compassion about the forum. I could have just as easily have continued calling him Honey or the other half.

The other thing is after I filed I wanted to go out to the porch and scream I AM GOING TO BE FREE! Unfortunately as some of you that have been here or know someone in this situation have already figured out, I don't have someone here to tell it to. Isolation is one of the abuses I fought for years and gave up when I could not bowl anymore. It's all good as long as no one else knows what's going on , they might judge him.

So you all have no idea how much the support and compassion means to me right now. I look forward to thanking each and everyone of you in person someday.

Well, well, well

Once I took the signed and notarized paperwork to the lawyers, it was determined that I wasn't bluffing. Within the week the question of what it will take to buy me out lock , stock and barrel. I get my stuff, the trailer and my own personal nest egg. I couldn't be happier, no packing, cleaning, selling, WAITING. I hope to be out of here by the first of the year depending on appraisals and refinancing.

So tomorrow I start the task of prepping the trailer for the long haul. I can plot and install the mounts for the panels, it's gonna cost some beer and pizza to get some help getting them up there and the batteries placed. The rest I can do.

It's not idea with my back but I can make it work. I'll lock the stinger on the truck and that will be that. I have had 5 years to plan where everything goes and how it works. I know it inside and out and believe me, I know where it can go.

So should all work out I'll be at the RTR. Thank you for the support.

cool,what are you rollin with? truck and trailer? any pics around?

My politically correct side is telling me that jokes are out of the question on this topic, but the shock comedian side of me is screaming in my head that divorce jokes are hilarious!

Best of luck on a new adventure!

bcc203186e15eac79d9514bc1e28d858.jpg
P1019409 blog.jpg
P1016247.jpg

It's a 2011 Ameri-lite 25BH, the truck is my 2003 Ford Expedition with a 5.4l. Neither are special, in fact a bit worn like I am.

Attachments

• P1016247.jpg
    P1016247.jpg
    143.7 KB
  • P1019409 blog.jpg
    P1019409 blog.jpg
    418.7 KB
  • bcc203186e15eac79d9514bc1e28d858.jpg
    bcc203186e15eac79d9514bc1e28d858.jpg
    148.9 KB
Thank you. Up close you will see they have both earned their stripes so to speak on trails most won't take. Going forward I think I'll have to reconsider just how much risk I can put the rig in. I've always had a second Expedition to pull me back or help get me unstuck if needed, a ride if I were to break down, a spotter to keep me from ripping off the back end. I haven't seen anything from the tribe that would bother me but I'm sure it's out there.

That is great news that you get your share (or enough to make you feel vindicated) and get to also avoid a long hassle of legal stuff!!

That pic of your campsite looks like you have a very "luxurious" home set-up even if there is some wear and tear (like on all of us more mature folks here LOL).

So will your stay around Denver and in your CO haunts or do you have immediate travel plans to more distant places? How exciting!

Latest posts